Bad period like cramp

Maple_Fairy

Reaction score
Sorry for this thread but I’ve just woken in the night with what’s felt like quite severe period cramps...

I woke up needing a wee but struggled to go. Finally went and thought this might be the pain but it conintued... it probably lasted for about 10-15 minutes.. it’s now appeared to be gone but it’s had me in tears... I seriously thought I was starting to lose the baby... as its now gone would you wait until morning and call a doctor? Or do you think I have nothing to worry about. It made me feel quite nauseous... I’m just so panicky now and can’t go back to sleep (currently 3am!) 😢😢

I don’t think there is much they can do this early on. It’s too soon for a scan I think 6 weeks is the earliest. Could it have been something like IBS ? I ask as I suffer from IBS and have cramping for around 10-15 mins quite bad when it flares up. I would give doc a ring when they open and see if they will do a blood test maybe ? Ask for urine too as could be a urine infection.
Fingers crossed for you I really hope it’s nothing to worry about.
Keep us updated xx

IBS isn’t something I’ve ever suffered with so I’m not sure it would be that. I did think there wouldn’t be much they can do at this stage which is really scary! 😞 what would they do bloods for? To check my hcg is where it should be? I slept for a couple of hours and seem ok at the moment... ugh I wish I could just get to 12 weeks or so to feel a bit safer! 😭

Yes blood test to check your hgc levels. I’m guessing you have had no spotting ?

Are you dehydrated at all? That plus relaxing cod cause some serious bowel pain. Everything slows down in early pregnancy suddenly, so drink lots of water and eat fruits and veggies. Also if you've started your prenatal that plus relaxing plus not enough water could be a culprit.

I had lots of cramps I'm 9wks today I went to my doc quite a bit in the UK they won't scan until 12wks so u just have to hold on here. It's so scary getting cramps. Just make sure there is no colour when u wipe in the tissues after a wee (well only wee colour) I got into a bad habit of wiping inside me every time my mates went nuts at me when I done this. Please don't also x

Yes blood test to check your hgc levels. I’m guessing you have had no spotting ?
No. No spotting / blood so I guess that’s a good thing.

Are you dehydrated at all? That plus relaxing cod cause some serious bowel pain. Everything slows down in early pregnancy suddenly, so drink lots of water and eat fruits and veggies. Also if you've started your prenatal that plus relaxing plus not enough water could be a culprit.
I do tend to drink 2-3 pints of water a day... but then I have been finding that I can wake up with a really full bladder and even after I’ve been to the toilet my bladder can still seem quite full and hurt... I don’t know if it’s maybe a contributing factor.... I did need a number 2 earlier and I just couldn’t go so maybe this could be it too? (Sorry TMI) was really painful though...

I had lots of cramps I'm 9wks today I went to my doc quite a bit in the UK they won't scan until 12wks so u just have to hold on here. It's so scary getting cramps. Just make sure there is no colour when u wipe in the tissues after a wee (well only wee colour) I got into a bad habit of wiping inside me every time my mates went nuts at me when I done this. Please don't also x
Did you go to the doctors a lot due to cramping/pain? What did they say to you? I’ve literally just had a call back from a doctor and she did say that pain can be a start of a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy although ectopic the pain would normally be from one side or the other and a miscarriage would be consistent pain where as my pain was across my middle like a bad period pain and it has since gone away and not seen any blood or anything yet .... 😢☹️ Soooo scared... I don’t think I’d cope losing it... 😭😭

I do tend to drink 2-3 pints of water a day... but then I have been finding that I can wake up with a really full bladder and even after I’ve been to the toilet my bladder can still seem quite full and hurt... I don’t know if it’s maybe a contributing factor.... I did need a number 2 earlier and I just couldn’t go so maybe this could be it too? (Sorry TMI) was really painful though...

Did you go to the doctors a lot due to cramping/pain? What did they say to you? I’ve literally just had a call back from a doctor and she did say that pain can be a start of a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy although ectopic the pain would normally be from one side or the other and a miscarriage would be consistent pain where as my pain was across my middle like a bad period pain and it has since gone away and not seen any blood or anything yet .... 😢☹️ Soooo scared... I don’t think I’d cope losing it... 😭😭

You can get a private scan done after 6 weeks, they are from around £60 I think. Not sure if financially you could do this. If we finally manage to conceive I will be considering doing this to put my mind at rest till the 12 scan.

You can get a private scan done after 6 weeks, they are from around £60 I think. Not sure if financially you could do this. If we finally manage to conceive I will be considering doing this to put my mind at rest till the 12 scan.

Is this something you request through your doctor? Sorry I’m so new to all this. We’re not great financially but £60 would be worth every penny for the reassurance of a healthy baby... xx

Is this something you request through your doctor? Sorry I’m so new to all this. We’re not great financially but £60 would be worth every penny for the reassurance of a healthy baby... xx

Where in the UK are you ?

Where in the UK are you ?
I’m from the North East. I’ve actually just found and emailed a place in Newcastle who will do it for free. They are trainees but they have a qualified member of staff with them... I might give them a go! I have a Midwife calling me later today so I think I will have a chat with her as well..

That sounds great I hope you are not waiting too long for the appointment

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->