Bad Reaction to Gestational Diabetes test - still one week later

zorak

Reaction score
HI,

I had my GD test a week ago today. My OB ordered the 2 hour test and I was asked to fast for 10 hours prior to it and only have water which I was also alllowed to keep drinking during the test. I felt okish on the day of the test, apart from nausea which I expected. I passed but ever since then my IBS has flared up (normally very controlled), I have incredably bad heartburn and I am full of gas. This morning I was sick which I think was because I choked on my water but my vomit (sorry TMI) was really strange. Normally first thing in the morning I'd get water and then yellowish bile - 2 v seperate substances and consistency. But this morning I got water and then loads of bright orange watery stuff . I hadnt eaten since dinner and it didn't look like anything from last night. My OH wondered if it was residue from the test since it was an orange glucose mix I had to drink, and I have to say my tummy has been calmer since then.

What do you think? Surely it couldn't have sat in my stomach for nearly a week?

I am no nurse and have no expertise to speak of, but from what you say it sounds like it could be possible. That glucose stuff is vile. Maybe your body simply couldn't digest it and this was the only way to get it out?

Sorry you had to suffer like that, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->