Bad skin anyone?

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
Does anybody struggles with bad skin?

I do... I've never had a flawless skin but I managed to keep it nice looking with tanning and I used to be on the pill. But since I'm pregnant, it is getting worse and worse ! I have lots of breakouts, I now have acne on my back which I never had before, and some on my chest. It is so embarrassing!!! Especially when you go out for a nice dinner with friends (There is just so much foundation can cover...)

I'm very careful with my skin and I take good care of it. I use Clinique products to clean/tone/moisturize, I drink LOADS of water... Of course sometimes I eat chocolate and fast food... But I try hard to keep an healthy skin! It just doesn't work. I know most of it must have something to do with hormones, but how do you manage do keep a beautiful skin? :hissy::sad2:

hi hun i am exactly the same my skin never used to be that bad before i got pregnant but since i got my positive it has been awful i have had breakouts everywhere and like you said there is only so much foundation can cover. People are even starting to comment now which to be honest gets on my tits cause i think it is really inconsiderate. i also have them on my back and chest but they seem to be under the skin so they are not visible to the eye just to touch. i thought you were meant to glow whilst pregnant but im not it does seem to be settling down a bit now whether it is a first tri thing for me im not sure. i think it might also have something to do with stopping my bcp aswell i have cut back on the amount of things i use on my skin i used to cleanse tone etc now i just use a sensitive face wash and thats it

I have problems with my skin fullstop only in pregnancy I think it died down now its bit me in the ass! Im trying that sheercover but it only arrived today so need to check it out!

I've always had bad skin aswell. Since becoming pregger though it seems like I have had some boulders on my face! :blush: my back has also broken out some aswell as my chest.
I use proactiv. It doesn't help. NEVER BUY THIS STUFF! It's a waste of money!

I used to suffer with spots on my chest & back and I hated it! I could wear backless tops or dresses and If i went out I had to wear something that covered my back. I started using the original mint source shower gel & just washed (not scrubbed) my back & chest gently! It took a while but they cleared up.
I also had a bit of an obsession with washing I used to shower in the morning, after work & before bed (sometimes I would come home at lunch and shower too) I realised that I was washing all the good oils out of my skin which would also be causing the breakout!

I'd defo give the mint sauce a try and also get some pure t-tree oil and rub a small amount in to ur spots before bed!

Good Luck

xx

I have bad skin too. not too bad, but bad enough to be a constant annoyance. I actually found that clinique and all those kinds of products irritate my skin more because they have fragrance and oil.

I've been using proactiv for a while and it does work, I just can't use it every day because it does dry my skin out. it also has a bit of fragrance so I get whiteheads but it's the lesser of evils in my case. I also use spectro gel which was recommended by my dermatologist. for backne you can also use what you use on your face in the shower. most body washes and soaps will cause breakouts.

you also may want to change your shampoo. there's shampoos like cliniderm that are made for people with acne problems. most shampoos are filled with irritants and when you wash it off your hair it gets on your face and body.

i also find that holding my head over a bowl of very hot steaming water with a towel over my head and letting the pores open up helps dramatically. once a week i also do a miricle whip facial. it sounds wierd but it works!

for the past 15 years my skin has been fine, now preggers its bloody awful. My back is the worse, but I have spots everywhere. On the up side my hair hasn't been this think since I was a kid, would love to keep it...

Ive never had bad skin until now. Ive become allergic to a couple of the products since becoming pregnant that I used to use as well. Ive got spots everywhere now though and I hate them :(

xxx

I get so frustrated with spots.. I'm not toooooo bad at the moment, still got a few spots though.. Does my head in.. I thought all that would disappear once I hit my 20's !! Nope !! Anyway I found something that REALLY worked for me and I would deffo recommend it jess.. While watching QVC (I was bored) they brain washed me into buying:

Philosophy - Make up optional skin set

It's a set of skin products which are Philosophy's best bits, the micro delivery peel (unbelievable stuff), purity daily face wash, hope in jar daily moistriser, and either the serum or the vitamin e powder (not sure whats in there now)

I thought it sounded to good to be true, they said you'd have make up optional skin within a 3 weeks.. Well I was gobsacked because my skin actually cleared up and I wasn't using no where near as much make up as I used to.. Since then (about 3 yrs ago) my skin has NEVER been as bad as it used to be, I still get the odd spot when I'm usually due on but I just do a micro delivery peel and it seems to hold them off...

I absolutely love the stuff, its amazing.. Only thing is, it's bloody expensive and hard to get hold of.. With the baby coming I dunno if I can till use it.. But I'd recommend the optional skin pack as you get 1 of everything for you to give it a go and it works out a hell of alot cheaper buying the pack..

Its about 70 quid.. But the micro delivery peel alone is worth 40 ish... Anyway, enough of me, if you decide to give it a go, let me know how you get on with it !!

I had good skin before I got pregnant and it was a breakout of big ones (yuk) that made me re test to find out I was pregnant!

Will they ever go away again I wouldn't mind but am 30 next month and surely I have done my penance with acne....

I have Psoriasis (really bad dry skin). Anyways, My upper arms have really dried out so I am keeping lotion on them as much as possible. Also my face and hands are really dry as well. Also, I have gotten pimples too (feel like I'm in high school again). All I can say is use a lotion made for extra dry skin and keep applying it. I think that the cold weather has something to do with my skin being this bad, but the pimples is the pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->