Bad taste in mouth?

AC1987

Mom of 2 DD's
Reaction score
Anyone else have this? This time around I've got this awful taste in my mouth that won't go away... the only thing I can describe it to is a salty starchy aftertaste :wacko: no matter what I eat, how often I brush my teeth its there. It doesn't make me sick but occasionally it makes me want to be... :baby: anyone know what could be causing it? Or anyone else suffer from it?

Just hormones I get it most pregnancies, try sucking on mints such as extra string mints to help

Yes, not salty for me, but really bitter :( i figured it was just hormonal. Drink lots of water and chew gum is all i've been able to do.

I suffer from it too and yes I drink lots of water and chew on gum and it seems to help.

Its worse after eating.

Yeah, me as well. Bitter/icky, always after eating and no matter what I eat. It's at its worse when I feel the most nauseated, too. I don't really have a good solution, but sucking on mints for long periods of time (keep a box of them handy) helps a bit. I scrub my tongue with the toothbrush and sometimes just do the toothpaste + water mouth rinse so it'll go away for a short period of time and give me some relief.

I just find it such a pain as it takes away my appetite.

Me!!! Its horrible its like having morning breath... but all the day.

It's almost like a gross cakey feeling in the back of my tongue. Everything I eat leaves a disgusting aftertaste and with this MS it's killing me. I bought a tongue scraper and it helps but doesn't get rid of it. UGH, so gross!

My mouth is always cottony these days. During a brief pregnancy three years ago it always tasted like I was sucking on rusty metal, but my nutrition was awful then.

oh, my, god

This is THE worst taste i have ever experienced, i can not stand it, it dont matter how much water i drink or what i eat, there it is back again to ruin my day! I wonder how long it hangs around for? anyone know? x

Well I'm hoping it goes soon! I would like to be able to eat without everything tasting gross

I've been getting what tastes like metal mouth. Awful! I've been told its normal. Thankfully for me, like all my symptoms, it comes and goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->