• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bad tear 1st time, can't decide on c-sec or natural again??

WishfulX1

Reaction score
Hi ladies, this is driving me crazy!! I have been told by my OB that I qualify for an elective c-sec due to complications with my first vaginal birth.

I had my ds 3 weeks early in 2008 and got a 3rd degree tear, from what I remember it didn't cause me too many problems at the time and I didn't need pain killers, however weeks later I started to notice that it didn't seem to be healing properly, I let it go however being intimate with DH became impossible it was just too painful!! I put up with it for 2 years!! We literally had sex once in 2years, very understanding DH!!

I finally went and got help and was referred to a plastic surgery and needed a repair perinealplasty! Now this was painful! Was very unwell for at least 4 weeks, home with a Catheter etc! Not fun!!

Now I'm struggling to decide on wether to have the c-sec or attempt a vaginal again and may not have any problems this time!

I'm worried about the c-sec and then caring for a 4 year old and newborn!
Is it really as bad as the stories I read!!?? I also would hate to undo all the hard work the plastic surgeon done :)

i had bad tear as well as episotomy (whatever spelling is right)my son got stuck in birth canal my epidural was wearing off they attempt to do forceps and vacuum i was healing really badly and i sneezed and my stitches broke so i gotta go bk for repair.

im going for elective c/s this time

you poor thing :hugs: I would go for a C-section if I were you since its taken a long time for you to be able to enjoy intimacy and needing a surgery and everything, it will make the four to six week recovery from a C-sec well worth it :hugs:

Hmm i dont know really because you might have a vaginal delivery and be fine or it might be terrible and same for c section some people bounce back quickly and others like myself still had the wound reopening 4 MONTHS! later so i would just read up on similar situations to yours and do a bit of research and make the best decision for you.

Did your ob mention what the chances of needing corrective surgery again would be if you had a vaginal delivery?

Youll prob see my threads flyng about in this section as i was in your situation, 3rd/borderline 4th degree tear 2 hours in theatre after forceps and episi after manual manouvre (all done on only G&A so very traumatic aswell!) I had to choose whether to go natural and risk another tear (my scars still open during sex 3 years on, ive been to the doc twice and each time theyve just said "its something that happens".. ?!?)
ANYWAY after long hard thinking ive decided to go for a section, im very happy with my desicion but i took a good solid week writing out all my fears, thoughts, worries and questions and went to my consultant appointment.
Its a very personal desicion so take your time and try not to be influenced by others. I took 11 months to heal from my 1st birth mentally and physically it was a rough recovery.
Take your time and hope youre 100% happy with your decision xxx

Youll prob see my threads flyng about in this section as i was in your situation, 3rd/borderline 4th degree tear 2 hours in theatre after forceps and episi after manual manouvre (all done on only G&A so very traumatic aswell!) I had to choose whether to go natural and risk another tear (my scars still open during sex 3 years on, ive been to the doc twice and each time theyve just said "its something that happens".. ?!?)
ANYWAY after long hard thinking ive decided to go for a section, im very happy with my desicion but i took a good solid week writing out all my fears, thoughts, worries and questions and went to my consultant appointment.
Its a very personal desicion so take your time and try not to be influenced by others. I took 11 months to heal from my 1st birth mentally and physically it was a rough recovery.
Take your time and hope youre 100% happy with your decision xxx
yeah "something like that happends" or "people can live with that"thats all doctors can say!!!!!i've heard the same!!!!!!!!!awful!!!!!!!!!!

1st and formost, will you have help for the 1st week or 2 weeks? I say if u got someone who will be able to help u than go for the c-section :). But personally thats the only part that bothers me the most, is having the help when u cant really lift or move too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->