Bad UTI

Redhorse xxx

Pregnant- 2nd Trimester
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am suffering dreadfully with a UTI, this is the second lot of anti biotics I have been given. All they have done is make me vomit and upset my stomach.

I have been given Co-Amoxiclav and when I was given the same drug a few years back I was fine. I'm guessing that I am sensitive to penicillin now I am pregnant.

I would go to the doctors, but I can't be too far from the bathroom atm, (sorry if tmi).

Anyone else had the same thing? I have been violently sick once and I can't keep anything down with the tablets this time and the pain in my kidneys is excruciating.

Anyone had this before?

Redhorse xxx:cry::cry::cry:

I'm still off on the sick cos of my uti. Going on my second week now. I had severe vomiting and they wanted to admit me to hospital to be put on a drip. Which i really did not want so they gave me Cyclizine to stop the vomiting. Took about 48 hours to kick in. Was also put on anti biotics. Still feel like i'm going to be sick now and again so just take another Cyclizine. Went to see MW on wednesday uti still not cleared up so on another course of anti biotics. Just feeling really down about. Hate not being well.

:hugs: Never had this but it sounds awful. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

I would suggest another trip to the gp's. If you are getting alot of kidney pain also. Maybe they can change the med's you are taking again. I suffer from them alot and when i was pregnant with my dd had a nasty kidney infection that dilated my kidney's so had to be admitted and have anti b's via a drip. If it doesn't seem to settle abit tomoz i would go back and see the gp. I hope you are feeling better soon :hugs:

You should try cranberry juice ive heard it works wonders xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->