Badly Swollen Feet and Ankles

Claire1986

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Im looking for help, im 32 weeks pregnant and my feet have started to swell up a alot. They have been swelling up for the last couple of days and if its warmer outside they are getting really badly swollen.

Everyone says to sit with your feet up when you can but i work in an office and i cant sit with them up all day. I always sit with them up when i go home at night.

Is there anything else i can try?

Cxx

My dr said there's really nothing to be done, but if you're swelling that early I would definitely do the press test. You press and hold your finger in the swelling for 5 seconds. If an indentation stays after then you need to call the dr.

I have spent entire days with my feet up and still can't wear my normal shoes!

can you find something around the office that you can prop your feet up on while at your desk? My feet have been swelling quite a lot this week, but luckily I started my mat leave yesterday, so can rest with them up at home, the last day at work all swollen was horrible though :(

Lauren26 how far on are you? My shoes are now getting tight.
Cxx

Dani_Ldn i was thinking of trying to sit with them on a box under my desk to see if that would help any. Ill try anything for them to go down a bit. ITs getting a bit warmer here to so that isnt really helping me any. Its making them worse. How far on are you?

Cxx

I am in the same boat, my right foot is especially bad, it's painful when i walk, as if i sprained my ankle (which I haven't) the doctor said as long as i don't get headaches it shouldn't be serious but that was last week before the pain hit. feet up doesn't help at all, my toes seem to be pretty cold as well so it's affecting my circulation i think. Hope someone knows how to relieve it x

My right foot is worse than my left aswell. :D And they also get sore if i stand for a long time. I have spoke to my midwife about it and she has said as long as i dont have headache that it is normal. My BP was normal at my last appointment and my sample was clear. So nothing to worry about that way. My feet are warm just now but sitting in our offfice it is warm so it isnt helping me.

I just noticed im due the day after you. :D
Cxx

Lauren26 how far on are you? My shoes are now getting tight.
Cxx

My EDD was yesterday, so I am 40w1d. I started getting really swollen feet around 36w but they ramped up significantly this week and look and feel like water balloons. I can literally feel fluid sloshing when I walk sometimes. I went to the dr because I had pitting and they said mine was OK but I was very nervous about preeclampsia.

I would call the doctor. I had swelling in my first pregnancy. After I lost my daughter I saw an OB that thought it may have been HELLP syndrome as my BP was high. I had no headaches either. You don't always get them with pre-e. This pregnancy I've had basically no swelling and my BP has been low for several weeks.

Dani_Ldn i was thinking of trying to sit with them on a box under my desk to see if that would help any. Ill try anything for them to go down a bit. ITs getting a bit warmer here to so that isnt really helping me any. Its making them worse. How far on are you?

Cxx

I am 35 +5, I think the warmer weather has bought on the swelling for me too, took the dog out yday & my hands swelled up like balloons!

I would call the doctor. I had swelling in my first pregnancy. After I lost my daughter I saw an OB that thought it may have been HELLP syndrome as my BP was high. I had no headaches either. You don't always get them with pre-e. This pregnancy I've had basically no swelling and my BP has been low for several weeks.

Agreed. Always better to be safe!! I have been having the docs monitor me closely since my feet started swelling. My BP has been low the entire pregnancy but it's always wise to be sure nothing is going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->