Baffled and puzzled??

BABY76

Trying for first
Reaction score
Right my story goes -
* Came off the pill 13 July bout 5.5 weeks ago
*should of had witch somewhere between 11 - 18 August not really sure of cycle yet!!
*been doing pregnancy tests now for 1 week, all BFN
* Just to fill my POAS addiction I did a OPK test (I though it was postive but after Reading up on them think it was negative as the line was faint. we did bd though!!

What is going on with my cycle, why was there a faint fine?

Where am I in my cycle?

Could I still be pregnant?

What should I do?

Thanks x x

A faint line on an OPK is pretty standard. You always have some of the LH hormone in your system that the test will pick up. It is not positive until the second line is as dark or darker than the congrol line.

A faint line on an OPK is pretty standard. You always have some of the LH hormone in your system that the test will pick up. It is not positive until the second line is as dark or darker than the congrol line.

So there is a possibility I could be pregnant still?

When I came off the pill, I spent a small fortune on pregnancy tests! I didn't get my period for 6 weeks.

Since the HPT is negative, you probably just didn't ovulate and as a result skipped this last cycle. That's the problem with trying to conceive immediately after, there's a lot of doubt. (Easier said than done, I know.) Because you could really ovulate at any time, since there is no regulation in your cycle. Odds are, though, that you either didn't ovulate. Many women who do ovulate, ovulate pretty close to the time they stopped the BC pills. You could go to a doctor and get your blood work done. They can then give you meds to either start your period, or you could just have protected sex until your cycle resets again (you get your period.)

Getting 2 lines, is really super normal. For it to be positive, both lines must be of equal intensity (or the test line must be darker.) I know, it's confusing. But, LH is a hormone, unlike HCG, that is always present. So, it's not the presence of it that is being tested such as it is on HPT, but rather the quantity.

I did not get prego the first month (I finally got my period on 2/23, had another cycle w/ my period on 3/21, and was prego by May 3rd... It took a while for it to show up on HPTs for some reason.)

My sister, who is the closest person to me genetically on the planet, however, got prego immediately after coming off BC... Twice. So, it just depends on your body. I personally didn't O after BC or after my MC, so everybody is different.

Hmm, probably not pg but since you're not exactly certain where you're at in your cycle due to bcp, it's still possible.

The best thing I can suggest is to start temping and charting so that when you do Ov, if you haven't already, you will be able to see it. Of course, temping will only allow you to see Ov after the fact but at least you know where you stand. In addition, if you do need to go to the dr. you can take your data with you.

Good luck sweetie.

I came off the pill in May and my cycle is still a bit bonkers. You need a couple of cycles to see where you are. Good luck! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->