baffled by shopping

T

tinytoes

been looking at car seats...it was SUCH a stressful experience!
Went to a big baby store yesterday...I was amazed at the prices of pushchairs and everything...really, it all stressed me out. But we think we've chosen a car seat, after hours of shop and internet research.

God, this shopping isnt as fun as I'd thought it would be!

Does anyone else just feel baffled and overwhelmed by it all?

I feel overwhelmed EVERYTIME I get out of the house. I just hate it now. It's not long before I can't stand the pain in my feet, I always feel like I have 200 extra pounds, I get very hot and sweaty + incredibly impatient.

Then I start complaining and being moody ! Makes me feel really bad for the person that I'm with at that time but I just can't help it.

I did at first but fortunately theres a couple of people who I work with with young kids whove helped me an awful lot.

I also printed off a checklist from Babies r Us coz I was so confused with what I needed and what I didn't. It's here --->https://www.toysrus.co.uk/framestatic.aspx/mum_checklist.html?zone=bru if thats any help. I think theres a couple of things that are probably unnecessary, but I just had the worst feeling that we'd get Seth home and we'd be like 'Shit... we forgot his bed' or something :)

It is really quite overwhelming though. Fortunately we've got a buggy and car seat now, so we can start looking at the nice things :)

xxx

I've found family with young kids to be an invaluable asset to me. We've looked at car seats and strollers but honestly we will probably wait until closer to the time before buying, one of the sales ladies mentioned to us that warranties run out pretty quickly and it'd be best to wait, I thought it was pretty good advice.

The thing I found most stressful was me & OH agreeing on something.

As there are lots of different things to choose from and we both like things that are a little bit different, that only left a couple of things to choose from and we would be wanting the opposite to each other! :dohh::hissy:

I have been known to stand in a shop really pissed off, and told him "come on we are going, there is absolutely no point in bothering!" :lol:

That is a good list, i thought i was doing pretty well, but that has pointed out a few items i haven't got yet.

All of the stuff listed for mum, i haven't got, or even thought about for myself lol

I have also found the book Baby Bargins to be a big help in wading through all the hype about what you need and what you dont. They review loads of different companies and their products.

That is a good list, i thought i was doing pretty well, but that has pointed out a few items i haven't got yet.

All of the stuff listed for mum, i haven't got, or even thought about for myself lol

No me neither! lol

I passed the list round people at work and Ive managed to get a brand new breast pump for nothing as well. A girl bought one but she decided not to breast feed in the end. One more thing to cross off!

xxx

I am totally overwhelmed. This stuff is just too expensive to get wrong. The pram and cot are killing me the most! Then again, I haven't even started looking at breast pumps and baby monitors. Sheesh. Here goes the blood pressure again.

I am overwhelmed also. There are so many things to buy and everything is so expensive. I mean, they are babies and they will grow out of this stuff and they are asking an arm and a leg on everything. We do have a crib that my parents are willing to give to us and someone just gave us a car seat (both in great condition) so that was very helpful. I plan on worrying about bedding, one or two pieces of new furniture (dressers), and some other stuff. I want to put what I can on my baby registry and see what people will buy before we spend any more money. Usually people will go in together on the big expensive items for you (which helps). My sister has a breast pump that I can use and she has a boy and a girl so she has saved all their clothes for me to use (major help). Do you know anyone with kids who is willing to let you use their old stuff? Also, do you plan on having a baby shower? There are 2nd hand stores to go to and also there are places that have used discounted furniture, you might check those places out as well. You're not alone in being overwhelmed, I'm scared I'm going to forget something important.

I am totally overwhelmed. This stuff is just too expensive to get wrong. The pram and cot are killing me the most! Then again, I haven't even started looking at breast pumps and baby monitors. Sheesh. Here goes the blood pressure again.

thats my feeling!
But i opted to get a second hand pram.
And we're going to get a car seat that will last from zero to 4 years rather than one of those lovely little ones that will be outgrown in 9 months...that helps me feel I'm saving money and it lowers my blood pressure!!
So what if ym pram isnt a brand new one with three off-roading tyres? The baby inside will be prand new and shiny!!

We're buying our car seat tonight as there's one in a sale and it has good crash test results (plus it's nice and red and comfy looking!). Hoping it will be a simple procedure and not one that will stress me!!:rofl:

Most of this stuff you can sell on though. Things like baby monitors and moses basket stands... even cots and moses baskets, but it's suggested that whoever buys it next puts a new mattress in it.

Its inevitable to loose a bit of money on it. The pram we got was from my frined and it cost us £130, but its £280 new. You can find some bargins if you shop around. We would have loved to buy everything brand new for the baby, but we aren't in the position to do that.

xxx

thats my feeling!
But i opted to get a second hand pram.
And we're going to get a car seat that will last from zero to 4 years rather than one of those lovely little ones that will be outgrown in 9 months...that helps me feel I'm saving money and it lowers my blood pressure!!
So what if ym pram isnt a brand new one with three off-roading tyres? The baby inside will be prand new and shiny!!

We're buying our car seat tonight as there's one in a sale and it has good crash test results (plus it's nice and red and comfy looking!). Hoping it will be a simple procedure and not one that will stress me!!:rofl:

I like that point tiny toes...the baby will be new and shiny so not everything else has to; I am getting caught up in all the new stuff and what I have from my first whixh is six years old didn't seem good enough...you have made me feel better :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->