Baking Parchment??

stepmum

Oliver's Mummy
Reaction score
Is there anything I can use as a substitute? I've sent OH to Tesco, Asda and Morrisons and we can't get it anywhere. I've never even heard of it until the recipe I want to try calls for it. Can I just use greased foil?

You can get it in all the supermarkets. Baking paper/greaseproof paper.

i'm not sure what you want it for, but I wouldn't use greased foil personally. If it's to line a tin or tray you can just grease the tin/tray without lining.

You can get it in all the supermarkets. Baking paper/greaseproof paper.

i'm not sure what you want it for, but I wouldn't use greased foil personally. If it's to line a tin or tray you can just grease the tin/tray without lining.

it is to line a tray and to lift things, I've made caramel shortbread and fudge, things like that and I just can't get them out of the tins neatly to cut when I just grease the tins. Also I made home made ice cream and it was supposed to have chocolate trellis cups that you squiggle onto the paper in muffin tins and let set and then peel
off so it called for the paper again. I didn't know if was just baking paper/greaseproof paper :blush::haha: Just got some from the Co-op.

It's not really known as parchment paper here its known as greaseproof paper. Was he looking for the right thing?

You can oil a tray lightly in replace of it and sometimes foil if its shiny side down!

It's not really known as parchment paper here its known as greaseproof paper. Was he looking for the right thing?

You can oil a tray lightly in replace of it and sometimes foil if its shiny side down!

I told him parchment paper so he was looking for that, I've since been Asda and they of course have greaseproof paper :blush::haha:

I'm pretty sure my recipe books are British though, not sure why it is called parchment paper in there.

Lol cos they like to think they are American! I am sure it's parchment paper over there. Can't be 100% though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->