Banking? Natwest

MissRhead

Reaction score
I have no idea how banking works tbh so I'm really confused and wondered if anyone can help explain what's going on :flower:
Basically I had like 4 big direct debits go out of my account yesterday, I haven't got an overdraft or anything it's just a normal account, their wasn't enough money in their so it made me -£68 I got paid today so just assumed they'd take it out of that, but I checked and 2 of the direct debits have disappeared from my statement and not been paid. What do I do? :shrug:

If you haven't got an overdraft, they won't pay it, with Natwest you have up to 3pm the same day to pay in money to cover it, If you don't the direct debit gets bounced. Who ever wants the direct debit, will normally resubmit it again in a few days to a fortnight and will write to you to tell you they are going to ask again

The dd bounced and was not taken. They will try again soon to take the money and you will probably incur a fine for the first attempt

Urgh great, I can't afford to pay those never mind charges.
thank you x

Natwest will charge for the 2 unpaid direct debits 21 days after your next statement. It will b £6 per direct debit. If it has disappeared from your bank statement then yes it is an unpaid dd. it is true natwest will not charge if u pay into the acc by 3pm that day. Natwest basically judge weather they will pay the dd on your behalf or refuse to pay it on your behalf. Either way you get charged. Od charges I believe are anything over £6 is charged £6 every 6 days.. I may b slightly wrong tho do double check. A company may charge u as well for an unpaid dd. most companies will ask for the unpaid dd within the next few days- 2 weeks. This may happen without warning so if ur funds are a lil shakey it may be worth ringing that company up and asking them. Remember a dd is anagreement between you and the company. The bank acts as middle man.

Thank you I rang one of the company's and their going tO take it again on 17th I forgot to ask if I'd be charged! I'm going to ring the other one today x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->