Basal temperature 1st time need help please

molliecollie

Reaction score
Hello.

I decided to try keep record of my basal temp as trying to concieve.

I used ovulation calender and worked out fertile days were between 26th feb till 3rd march.

i didnt get thermometer till friday but i started checking temp from saturday. Took temp min i woke up before getting out of bed.

Saturday was 37.5c
sunday 37.5c
monday 37.2c

i no i started halfway thru when i was suppose to be ovulating so am not sure if it was accurate or not. Will be checking temp every day from now on to c what happens.

had sex wednesday friday sat and sun.

What am really wanting to no is are these temps normal?
I guess its just a waiting game to c if i come on or not.
Hope some one can help.

What is normal for one person is not for another, but they seem to be within the normal 'range' of temps.

Keep temping and see what happens

I just started temping this month too, you really need a large range of temperatures before you start seeing the full picture. Keep at it, you will start to see a pattern. Mine was all kinds of crazy at first, but it straightened out later on in the cycle.

hi. Thanks for replies. I am going to keep tracking it. Took it today and its 37.8c.

Im keeping my fingers crossed that i have concieved. Starting to get me down now. All my friends have babies my younger brother and partner just had a baby and my younger sister trying for her 2nd. I feel so left out.

Ist pregnancy took me over a year and ended in missed miscarriage. I am hoping that it wont take me that long this time. Would be happy for my sister but also devasted if my sister ended up pregnant again. Hope that dont make me a nasty person. I just feel left out and have nothing in common with friends or family.

You shouldn't wait until your fertile time to start temping, you should do it from early on in your cycle, ideally day 1 because you need to establish a pre ovulation pattern in order to see the temp jump post ovulation.

So this month might not show much, but if you haven't been lucky this time, you should see more of a pattern next month now you've got the thermometer. Good luck!

Perhaps you should invest in some cheap ovulation tests off the internet (I use the one step ones of amazon). Even if you just do them loads for one cycle to see where you ovulate and how that coincides with your bbts.

I knew 'roughly' when I was ovulating but in my last cycle I temped and from about days 9-14 I did 2/3 ovulation tests a day (fmu and/or mid afternoon tand/or evening, so I could try and pinpoint exactly when I was ovulating. My positive opk was got mid afternoon day before temperature shift on my chart to indicate ovulation so was nice to see that it looks like things are doing what they are supposed to.
I also get faint lines on my opks from about cd10 which get darker until I get a positive so this sort of information might be helpful in helping to make sure you bd at the right times if you're not able to do it every day/ every other day, as for me the opks even when they're not positive if they have a faintish line it gives me an indicaiton that I'm going to ovulate a couple of days later, whereas with bbt temping alone you can only know after. Unless you get a dip at ovulation of course (which I was lucky enough to get this cycle but didn't the previous one!).

Hope some of that makes sense lol I've been rambling!

hiya. Yes goin to invest in some ovulation strips.

Also today i have had a small amount of spotting. a browny red colour I have no idea what this means. Anyone no what it could be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->