Batch cooking healthy meals

Louise12

Reaction score
Hi all,

My DS Greyson is 9 months, and soon I'd like to start giving him the same food as us. And I'd also like to save time when I get home from work.

So I'm after some healthy recipes that I can batch cook for us all. Oh quick and easy if possible as well!!! (I'm not the best of cooks lol)

Ideas would be much appreciated!!

xx

We batch cook too, and it is great for us! We are boring though and always have the same things. I've not much imagination in the kitchen. :) Our favourites are lasagne, chilli, spag bol. We also buy a chicken big enough for two dinner and have roast chicken dinner one day followed by chicken in breadcrumbs or chicken sarnies or whatever the next day. These probably aren't the most healthy, but we experiment with turkey mince instead of beef and quorn too. Only thing is you can't refreeze quorn once you've cooked it which is a shame, cause it's not that bad. Veggie lasagne makes a nice change from beef mince too. Oh and homemade soup is awesome. You can cook pasta and put it in your soup if you fancy a change from just bread.

I'm no great cook either- haha. I try to think outside the box- but it's HARD! Especially now that LO is suddenly more picky and won't just try anything we give her. We used to batch cook on Sundays- so we'd have left overs for the week-- usually spaghetti, potatoes, other pastas, mac&cheese, fixings for burritos (quesadila for LO), plus I'd slice up good snacks- like veggie sticks or fruits on hand. Sorry, nothing fancy. Crock-pots are great though for soups etc... I'm sure there are loads of easy fix recipes online too. I should also check that out :) haha. I also try to grill up chicken or ground turkey so it's on hand when needed for anything too- but I love those veggie steam bags you can get frozen- then zap for several minutes and good to go. I'm all about fresh when I can- but sometimes, easy wins! LOL> I still buy oraganic though- that's my balance ;)

I have a cooking day once a week when I batch cook and freeze loads so we can just defrost while we're at work, stops us cooking processed rubbish or phoning a takeaway :thumbup:

Chilli con carne
Tomato and veg pasta sauce
Stew
Soup
Lasagne
Mince
Bolognese
Fish (tuna steak, salmon, cod)
Fajitas (the chicken/meat part)
Burgers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online