Baths while pregnant?

tjank89

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have always taken baths and still do now that I am pregnant. I now read that hot baths are bad for you while pregnant especially during the first trimester, which now scares me.

When I take baths I start the water on warm and can get in right away, and once my body adjusts to the temperature I add more hot water little by little. I do not turn red, I have never gotten dizzy or have never started to sweat from the bath water being too hot.

I am now worried and hoping that I did not harm my baby!

Should I be as worried as I am?

Thank you!

We don't have a shower so I always have baths. I don't have hot hot baths but definitely warm baths and I've never had a problem with it, this is baby number 3

I do the same with baths, always have. There's too man things we're told to avoid I think, causing undue stress x

I haven't got a shower so have been having baths as well.

I don't have them super hot but I think even if you did (which it doesn't sound like you do) it's supposed to not be too bad because you aren't in there for hours on end at a constant temp unlike a jacuzzi etc.

Had hot baths during both pregnancies and never had any issues!

I'm having a hot shower almost every day and on occasion a warm bath and so far our baby is doing fine :)

Never heard of this with my DS, had baths as normal, didn't do any damage.

Had heard of it this time and continue to add baths, in fact I prefer it hotter since becoming pregnant. I honestly think it's one of those things that you shouldn't worry about. As long as you're not going in sauna's and the likes then it's fine. I really wouldn't worry.

i do like ridiculously hot baths (its actually insane) so I just decided to keep the temps down for the duration

The real danger is your body temp rising, and not the the actual hot water. As in a bath your whole body usually isn't submerged (head, neck, chest, arms, sometimes feet usually out) the likelihood of your core temp actually rising isn't all that great, and that's why you are told to avoid hot tubs, as they are Hot and everything up to your head is usually submerged. Just make sure you're not swimming in your tub and you should be good. And after your belly starts getting bigger, it will also probably be sticking out of the water :) I'd still stop the temp from going too high though, just as a precaution.

my doctor says as long as temp is reasonable and you keep it to 15-20 mins it's fine

The real danger is your body temp rising, and not the the actual hot water. As in a bath your whole body usually isn't submerged (head, neck, chest, arms, sometimes feet usually out) the likelihood of your core temp actually rising isn't all that great, and that's why you are told to avoid hot tubs, as they are Hot and everything up to your head is usually submerged. Just make sure you're not swimming in your tub and you should be good. And after your belly starts getting bigger, it will also probably be sticking out of the water :) I'd still stop the temp from going too high though, just as a precaution.

^What she said. If you start getting too hot (sweating, red faced), get out of the bath, get some cool air and some water. I avoided baths when I was pregnant with my son but I'm not doing it this time around. I even take baths until my skin turns red (well, I'm kinda pale right now though...but still!). If I start getting more than just warm, I get out and get some air to cool off. I'm 21 weeks and my baby is quite healthy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->