Baths...

lucyaliceann

First baby due 19-04-10
Reaction score
Hello all... I'm new to the board - I hope I'm not doing anything wrong!!

I really want to have a bath, but I have been putting it off as I was told by someone online, early on in my pregnancy, that I shouldn't have baths because the hot water would harm baby... is this just in the first trimester? I really love HOT baths, but will keep the water warm instead if that's better...

TIA

Hi hun and welcome to B&B :dance:

I LOVE hot baths but now i just have warm baths and make sure i dont have enough water in in to cover my bump completly.

How far along are you?
xx

Hi

I was wary of this too. As long as the water isn't so hot it raises your body temp, it's fine. If you come out sweating and feeling hot, then have it a little cooler next time!!

xx

iv always had hot baths in each of my pregnancys right from the start :) never been advised not too. i still have really hot baths now :)

xx

I take scalding hot showers. Wouldn't have it any other way. It's pretty hard to raise your body temp enough to be a problem in a bath or shower because the water isn't constantly heated like in a hot tub or sauna. You can take a warm bath any time you want, but I wouldn't even worry about a hot one.

I always get baths! I think it's if the water is so hot it turns your skin red or you have to edge into it then it's too hot, otherwise it's fine. Have a nice bath :lol: xx

Ive always had hot baths with both my other children and I have this pregnancy too. I get quite achy and find it is the best way to wind down and relax and I cant be in a warm bath, it has to be hot. With my first baby (5 now) I read so many books and never came across this. Maybe things have changed in that time, it wouldnt supprise me.

i love baths where ur skin gets hot, so i dont like having baths now, the water feels so cold.

Ive had lots of hot baths...lovely for all the aches and pains....go ahead hun..jump in! x

I heard the same and only had showers at first but I really missed the bath! I started getting them again, just have it cooler than normal, and it's fine :) xx

Thanks everyone - I guess I just won't have it tooooo hot and will keep topping up if I feel chilly!! The reason I was told this was because I wanted to go to a spa for my birthday when I was only a couple of weeks pregnant and someone replied on a forum that you shouldn't expose yourself to the heat... but then I haven't heard anything from my midwife/seen anything in books about it, so I guess it's OK :)

I'm due in April, so 23 weeks...

I love baths - now that I've read this I might go and have one, with loads and loads of bubbles!!

I think as long as your comfortable it's fine, you are advised not to overheat yourself so as long as you aren't burning yourself it's fine!
I have been taking baths constantly, it really helps with the aches and pains!

I love hot baths too - have been having relatively hot ones in the last few weeks, though not as hot as before. I make sure there is loads of water in them too, to make up for a bit cooler temp. I always have a pint of icey cold water to sip too....no idea if it makes a difference or not!! x

Absolutely fine, just don't have a sauna!

Hi, I have actually just got out of the bath... so relaxing! I love hot baths but I was told or read somewhere to cool it down a little in pregnancy.

I heard that as long as you can get in the bath in one go and don't have to ease yourself in bit at a time (iykwim) then the water temp should be ok.

I keep it a little cooler than I used to now just to be sure but I do still indulge in my baths.

xx

i always have hot baths...i normally regret it afterwards coz i end up so hot i feel sick but i love having them hot xxx

I love a hot bath!! You sooooo should have a bath if you want one hunny. Enjoy xxx

Oh I have never heard of this!

I don't have a shower and have been having hot baths all the time. I'm a bit worried myself now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->