Bathtime

princess31

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quick question...

When did you start using bubble bath and shampoo etc. on your babies?

xxx

I've used a proper baby shampoo from the beginning. Just started using a bubble bath this week, but its one that is meant for babies, even has some bady oil in. You can either use it as bubble bath or to wash their body. The bubbles are more for me though, he couldn't care less at this age.

I put some sort of bath milk in from the start (as the midwife did in hospital) But found it irritated his skin so recently stopped. Plain water for us now :)

I haven't used any products yet, its recommended that you wait until they are 6wks old before using anything other than water....

I have started putting some of max's shampoo to make bubbles as we got him the new menthol vapour from gerber due to his stuffy nose and boy was he amazed from the bubbles lol
unclogged my nose too lol

Aeryn's got typical red hair and pale sensitive skin. I've always had to stick to just water as much as possible. If we've been swimming a lot or she uses normal baby bubble bath she comes out in little spots everywhere especially her arms and face.

I do use Johnsons baby shampoo on her hair (she's got shed loads of hair!). only once or twice a week though.

Sometimes I massage olive oil into her skin also, it penetrates the skin better than "proper" baby oil but she does smell like an italian snack afterwards.

As a treat now and then for her I use a bath bomb from Lush - it's a specific one but I can't remember what it is called. Its white and has lumps of like shea buttery stuff in it - it's very "greasy" so makes her hair oily but leaves her skin lovely and soft. I actually hack it into small pieces first and just use a little bit in her baby bath each time, lasts for ages then too!

I started when they were 1yrs old just because my kids like drinking the bath water, Yucky... So i diden't want the Posions getting into them while they were being Gross.. lol..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->