BBQ Chicken Lasagne

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
Anyone have a good (easyish) recipie?

Have been looking on the net but they're all too much effort :blush:

I''d be ok using sauces from a jar but I'm just not sure about layers & do you use cheese sauce etc??

not quite what you're wanting, but I've got a deadly recipe for a Tex-Mex lasagna...you could probably swap a few ingredients around to make it BBQ, though. It's got a lot to it, though, but well worth it, IMO! If you're interested, drop me a line.

That idea sounds great - can you post it on here please as I wouldn't mind having a go

not quite what you're wanting, but I've got a deadly recipe for a Tex-Mex lasagna...you could probably swap a few ingredients around to make it BBQ, though. It's got a lot to it, though, but well worth it, IMO! If you're interested, drop me a line.

YES PLEASE!!! :happydance:

This was from Paula Deen's magazine a couple years ago. I've had to make it many times because my DH just adores it!

2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
1 15 1/4 oz can corn
1 15 oz can black beans, drained
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies, driained
1 8oz can tomato sauce
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 16 oz container sour cream
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
lasagna noodles
monterey jack cheese with peppers, grated
chedder cheese, grated

combine everything from chicken to salt in a large pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
In a med bowl, combine sour cream and cream cheese.
Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Spoon one third of the sauce into prepared dish. Top with lasagna noodles. Spread about half of the sour cream mixture, then top with sauce and then noodles. Do this until the dish is full (i always get a 9x13 and a smaller dish, about 5x7 out of one batch) Sprinkle top with shredded cheeses and bake about 35-45 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. let rest 10 minutes before serving.

I would cover it with foil to begin with, otherwise the noodles can become crunchy and hard at the edges.

BTW, I usually skip 3 tomato items in the middle and just use a large jar of spicy spaghetti sauce. ;)

Any good?

I'll be making one to take with us to the beach on Friday...we're staying for the week and thought it'd be nice to take some things already ready, so that's something which has made the cut!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->