BBT as a Mouth Breather w/ Low Progesterone

pinkavocado

Reaction score
My BBT has looked pretty strange all cycle. I read that mouth breathing can make it difficult to get a good BBT. And girl- I admit, no matter how embarrassing, that I'm the queen of mouth-breathing, especially while I sleep.:blush: The evidence is the drool on my pillow. Hah!

However, today after putting in my best attempt at getting a BBT, it surprised me and calculated an ovulation day. I was like alright then! But it said CD20! It pushed my next period date back, which I know would likely not be true. My cycles are 28- 28.5 days exactly and have been for many years. Thankfully my hubby and I were together on CD19, but I know that a LP of 8 days is no good.

I'm curious how sensitive are the apps at calculating ovulation days? Do they account for variability or are they common to get it wrong.

My only hope is that it is because of my low progesterone. I know progesterone is what makes BBT rise after ovulation. I'm hoping that I ovulated before CD20 but the app is miscalculating it due to my progesterone being lower overall and it catching a rise in my progesterone due to me starting progesterone treatments in the later half of my cycle, therefore, not catching a rise from ovulation but from medication.

Along with that, I'm crossing my fingers that even if it was on CD20, maybe I won't begin my period on the 28th day due to the progesterone (It's my first time using it.) My doctor has me taking it into the time my period is meant to begin.

Anyways, I'm curious if any of you ladies have experienced strange predicted ovulation days that did not match up with other ovulation symptoms. Did you believe your app, or did you discover something that was throwing off your BBT?

Thank you!

Sorry hun, I don’t temp as of right now so I can’t be of much help. I don’t even think temping would work for me as I’m up and down throughout the night! Do you use opks? Just wondering if you had a pos around any of those days. Hopefully someone who has advice comes along :dust:

Not sure if there is a bbt pattern for mouth breathers. Could temp vaginally if you wanted more accuracy.

If you Od cd20 and yoyr cycles are normally 28 days then I'd say you Od later than normal. If you have no other cycles to compare to then I'd assume cd34 or 35 to become AF start day/Cd1.

I will say if I didn't feel like all my signs matched up then it turns out O was inaccurately predicted. If my bbt, opk, and cm all pointed to O then I did O at that time.

Sorry I'm not better help.

Thanks! I haven't used opk sticks. This is my second cycle trying and I haven't been able to locate them here yet. I'd have to order them for the future.

If I don't get pregnant this month, I will switch to temping vaginally. I'll need a new thermometer!

I think why I am skeptical that my AF will start around 34 or 35 is that this would be the first time in like the past 8 years my cycle hasn't been 28-29 days long. It would be a strange coincidence that the month I started temping would be the month that my cycle went crazy. In the end the progesterone might start to delay it, but I didn't start taking progesterone until later, when I should have already had a spike from ovulation. I think I'm doing something wrong! Especially since I had very light spotting within ewcm on day 15.

Some people have O spotting. What day did you start progesterone? as that can definitely effect your bbt.

I started it on day 20. Literally the day that my app said I ovulated. I'm wondering if I was having a slow-rise as a result in being naturally low in progesterone and then the medication kicked it up a notch and made my app conclude that was the o-day.

There was a dip and somewhat of a rise around the time that I was actually suspecting my ovulation day. However, I never got a dramatic rise.

Some people have O spotting. What day did you start progesterone? as that can definitely effect your bbt.

And definitely. That's why I'm questioning the accuracy of my BBT and the app. I often have spotting 2-3 days before AF, thus my progesterone, but not in the middle of my cycle. I guess I'll just hope for the best this cycle and try it again next time (hopefully there won't be a next time though, :) I think I could also be more consistent, as well.

Thanks!

My bbt is all over the place. Our daughter is 16 months and sleeps with me and doesn’t sleep great plus I get up to pee once through the night. I used to sleep with my mouth open also but I’m not sure if I still do. Sometimes there’s droll! Haha. I’m pretty sure FF had my O date wrong last cycle. I normally have a 25/26 day cycle. And they marked my O date at day16. Which definitely could have happened but no other symptoms matched up with it. I get pains as well and I had nothing. They happened earlier in the cycle and as well as EWCM. My O pains which I’m pretty sure was yesterday were intense. My lower back hurt like it never has! I ordered OPKS off of amazon so I have a better idea since my temps are haywire.

BBT was never accurate for me. Have you tried evaluating your cervical mucus?

Also, try an OPK. They may be more accurate than BBT.

I've been cautious about using OPK, because even though I do have very regular cycles, I do have PCOS. I've heard that women with PCOS might have hormonal cycles, but not actually ovulate. Therefore, I was monitoring my BBT. However, now that I know I likely do ovulate because there is some biphasic pattern to my BBT, then OPKs might help me narrow it down.

I found some to order on iHerb. They should be here when I need to start testing! I haven't seen them in pharmacies here.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->