BBT chart help! Any other slow temp risers?

Ask4joy

Reaction score
Hi ladies - I just started tracking my BBT in the middle of my last cycle and am now in the middle of cycle 2. I got a very strong positive OPK on CD 16 (my cycles vary from 26-32 days). Breasts and nipples also started to get sore on CD 16 which is a tell-tale sign of O for me. My temp on CD 15 and 16 was 96.8, then CD 17 97.0 and today, CD 18, 97.3. Not a big spike but gradually rising. Last cycle my temp was 97.6-98.0 during my luteal phase but I didn't start tracking until CD 17 and it was a shorter 26 day cycle. Anyone else experience a gradual bbt rise after O? I'm attaching a pic of my bbt chart. Temp spike on CD 8 was due to being at a party the night before and over doing it with the drinks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 16
Not usually, but this month my chart is a slow rise. The last few months I've had a clear thermal shift overnight, but this month it's looking a bit like a slide. My temp is rising 0.1ishC each day.

I have read that a slow rise can indicate problems with progesterone levels, but then other places say it's fine. I read a forum post that someone said that TCOYF never mentioned any problems with a slow rising chart, it's just a different variant. You can still get a BFP from an ugly chart (apparently).

Just an update - FF gave me crosshairs on CD 16 after a temp dip of 96.8. My bbt has steadily risen every day since: 97.0, 97.3, 97.5 and today 97.6. Odd thing is, my breasts usually remain sore after O but this cycle they were sore for a couple of days (O day and 1-2 days after) and now the soreness is gone.

Here's my chart!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 9
Good to see you go your crosshairs. Your slow rise seems to be rising by larger temps than mine.

Good luck, I hope it's your month

Your temps don't seem to be slow rising at all honey. Looking pretty great so far actually!! Usually I have an extremely slow rise and then slowly falls again around 7-8 DPO. This month though (expecting crosshairs tomorrow) my chart looks more like yours and that makes me very happy!!
Good luck to both of you lovely ladies. Come on :bfp:

Your temps don't seem to be slow rising at all honey. Looking pretty great so far actually!! Usually I have an extremely slow rise and then slowly falls again around 7-8 DPO. This month though (expecting crosshairs tomorrow) my chart looks more like yours and that makes me very happy!!
Good luck to both of you lovely ladies. Come on :bfp:

Thanks, ladies! I'm new to temping so it's good to hear that my temp is rising normally after O! Seems like I O on the same day I get my ppositive OPK. Baby dust to you both!

Lovelymumma, do you consider my chart to be slow rising? I usually get a clear shift overnight but this month it's up to something different!

Lovelymumma, do you consider my chart to be slow rising? I usually get a clear shift overnight but this month it's up to something different!

Yours does looks more like what my usual charts look like, except your temps are continuing to rise, so I don't think it's a bad thing xx We all have funky cycles sometimes though xxx
I'm not even sure why temps would slowly rise. Progesterone does make sense but who knows.
Wishing you all the best for this month lovie xxx

I haven't really found much about slow rising other than it might be a 'weak egg' or progesterone might be low. But I'm not sure. I hope this month will be our BFP but I'm not hopeful. Thanks. Good luck to you too

Here I am again after a slow rise last month and BFN it looks like another slow rise this month but temps are still very low! I read in TTOYF that this is another type of bbt pattern and does not indicate fertility level. I had a big dip on CD 14-15 then positive OPK on CD 16 with a slight temp rise and now CD 17 and 18 incremental temp rises each day but still below my pre-O temps. What is going on?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->