BBT Issues

CyberGrape

Reaction score
This is my 3rd month temping. I have been using the Target brand bbt thermometer, however this month my temps have been all over the place. Usually my cycles average about 32 days, this is from years of tracking periods with Period tracker app. And with my last two cycles of temping, I O between days 20 and 25 and have a luteal phase that lasts 11 days.

I am on CD 38 and my chart shows no sign of Oing, due to the erratic temps I have. However, the period tracker show me at about 3 days late so far, and the app is usually with days of predicting AF. We DTD during fertile CM times, and if I O'd then, I'd be about 13 DPO. But still there hasn't been a shift in temps to indicate O.

I am getting frustrated because I can't tell if this may be a fault with the thermometer, or my body. I just want to curl up and cry.

Mine are all over the place too, but here is some advice to hopefully ease your mind.

Temping is kind of an art. Some women have BEAUTIFUL CHARTS because they have a schedule. I do not, at all. I go to bed at weird times, and wake up at weird times. I take 295932859 medications and supplements (all of which can affect your temperature), my son plays with the thermostat, and I sleep on a waterbed that has a broken heater (and I prefer it that way).

Do you have a link to your chart? Did you happen to use OPK's? I know it is common to SOMETIMES just not ovulate a month, think my doc said that happens to most women 1-2 times a year, maybe this is your yearly "oops, my ovary forgot to do it's job!"

I don't know what your conditions are, I don't know how you temp (I gave up oral temping as my hubby doesn't get up for work, I have to wake him up, which requires me to open my mouth and holler, so oral temping was out =P )

MAYBE, just maybe, your battery or thermometer is kicking the bucket?
Do you have fertile CM, or any at all? Secondary signs queue me in first (cm, back ache, acne, headaches, nausea, etc)..

.. and in case you missed it.. LINK YOUR CHART!!!! <3

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4efc0a//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

I have a pretty set schedule, I'm in bed between 9 and 10 and up at 6 on the weekdays and around 7 on the weekends.

We haven't started using OPKs yet, we wanted to wait until we had tried a few months before moving to that step. I temp Orally.

Temping orally is by far the worst way to go unless you know FOR SURE you don't ever sleep with your mouth open.
https://www.amazon.com/Combo-Ovulat...ie=UTF8&qid=1407885739&sr=8-1&keywords=wondfo
That is the link to the wondfo tests. Best bang for your buck really.

Anyway, some women just have erratic bbt's or it's possible you just didn't ovulate.

It doesn't really appear that you have ovulated yet (if you are going to this month). I was looking at your CM recordings, and so far, you haven't posted any readings of infertile CM. What's it like today? From your symptoms, you may just now be gearing up to ovulate, or start your period. Only time will tell!

Has your environment been changing? I know the weather here has been unpredictable, it's August in the south, and I had to wear a sweater outside last night because I was cold!

This is my chart btw (I hope the link works). I don't always record my temperature when I take it, but it's around the same time every morning. I had a DNC on the 16th of last month, so this chart is really wonky...

I haven't always used FF, I usually use "mydays" on my phone, but have been charting for over a year now. Hope this helps! Hopefully some more seasoned ladies can chime in and give you more/better advice than I have.

(seriously, some women wear the same thing to bed every night for more accurate readings, I seldom do, sometimes i'm in jammies, sometimes just a t shirt and panties... other nights I actually wear a sweater to bed!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/488cba/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Try this again... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"