BBT rise....How long does it take to see a rise on your chart!?!?!

littlegirl87

Mother of 1 little girl
Reaction score
Ok so I think I am due to ovulate today, however, my temperature was 97.5 this morning when it usually runs a little lower like 97.2 on the day that I ovulate. I am wondering how long it actually takes for your temp to get to like the 98's where I usually run after ovulation? I am curious if maybe I ovulated in the middle of the night or something and my temp was on it's way up this morning and that is why it wasn't exactly a low temp like normal, but not really as high as it usually is after ovulation?

I know tomorrow mornings temp will give me a definite answer but to try to ease some curiosity until then I was hoping someone might know the answer?!

Thanks a million:flower:

The pregnancy sustaining hormones that are released as soon as the egg pop out start to raise your bbt almost immediately. There are all kinds of scenarios that could happen tho that could leave you in flux and you just won't know until tomorrow. You could have been O'ing when you tok your bbt or perhaps have just O'd right before. There could have been an outside factor afffecting your bbt as well...open mouth etc.

Good luck and hope you timed your bd well....may want to try tonight jus to be sure!

The pregnancy sustaining hormones that are released as soon as the egg pop out start to raise your bbt almost immediately. There are all kinds of scenarios that could happen tho that could leave you in flux and you just won't know until tomorrow. You could have been O'ing when you tok your bbt or perhaps have just O'd right before. There could have been an outside factor afffecting your bbt as well...open mouth etc.

Good luck and hope you timed your bd well....may want to try tonight jus to be sure!

Thank you! We will definitely be :sex: tonight just to make sure we have all of our basis covered!

I wonder if it was JUST happening as on my way into working this morning I was having a sharp pain on the left side of my abdomen and am now just kind of crampy

I am fairly sure that I will have a raised temp tomorrow as this was my exact schedule as last month and everything went fine, but my biggest fear is that I wont ovulate...especially since we did a really great job of BD-ing this cycle which doesn't always happen because I travel with my job, and just happened to be home at the PERFECT time this month!

Fingers Crossed:flower:

we're cycle buddies! and i got a positive OPK yesterday, which means i am ovulating today too! how long is your usual luteal phase?

do you typically ovulated around cd17-20? i do and i have worried that ovulating later in your cycle is not good for egg quality (or so i read somewhere on the 'net). here's hoping this is our month!!

we're cycle buddies! and i got a positive OPK yesterday, which means i am ovulating today too! how long is your usual luteal phase?

do you typically ovulated around cd17-20? i do and i have worried that ovulating later in your cycle is not good for egg quality (or so i read somewhere on the 'net). here's hoping this is our month!!

Yes that is me EXACTLY! my luteal phase is usually at least 12 days but is sometimes a little longer! I have seen plenty of girls get pregnant with a "late ovulation" so I really don't think you have anything to worry about! From what I understand as long as your luteal phase is long enough we are golden! :thumbup:

my cycles are usually anywhere from 31-34 days....what about yours??

Fingers crossed for us!

do u temp?

my luteal phase is usually 10-11 days, and my cycles are ususally 28-29. i had a miscarriage at 11 weeks back in January and since then my LP has been less than 10 days, which is obviously not good. i think my hormones are still trying to get back to normal. i've been taking vitex and maca root and b complex to try to help with that.

yup, i temp regularly. my temp was 97.4 this morning (on the higher side of my pre-O temps, so maybe it's on its way up!) but i also had a few glasses of wine last night that could have affected it.

keep me updated with tomorrow morning's temp!

my luteal phase is usually 10-11 days, and my cycles are ususally 28-29. i had a miscarriage at 11 weeks back in January and since then my LP has been less than 10 days, which is obviously not good. i think my hormones are still trying to get back to normal. i've been taking vitex and maca root and b complex to try to help with that.

yup, i temp regularly. my temp was 97.4 this morning (on the higher side of my pre-O temps, so maybe it's on its way up!) but i also had a few glasses of wine last night that could have affected it.

keep me updated with tomorrow morning's temp!

Ok so I had the same type thing happen to me this morning! my temp was 97.5 which is also on the higher side of my pre O temps for me....so I'm PRAYING mine will be up tomorrow!

I am beyond worried I will just not ovulate....not sure why I have this fear? maybe from having irregular cycles in the past?! who knows?

I am so very sorry for your loss :hugs:

I've never been pregnant before so I wouldn't even know what to do if that happened to me! I feel for you 110% girly!

This is going to be our cycle I have a good feeling!

Definitely let me know what your temps do tomorrow morning too!

So AWESOME to have a buddy! :thumbup::flower:

thank you. yeah, having been pregnant just makes you want it that much more. i feel like i have a one track mind! TTC is all i think about! haha.

best of luck to you! i told hubby to prepare for two more days of BD'ing and he was happy to hear it, but i am ready for a break!

thank you. yeah, having been pregnant just makes you want it that much more. i feel like i have a one track mind! TTC is all i think about! haha.

best of luck to you! i told hubby to prepare for two more days of BD'ing and he was happy to hear it, but i am ready for a break!

I can only imagine! I already want it so bad now that is all I can think about! lol

We are going to :sex: tonight and then take a little break....I'm worn out lol

I'm sure he wont mind the break either, but I am hoping and praying and whatever else you can do that we had good timing this cycle!

maybe you just need a little pick me up and you will have the energy to get through the BD-ing for the next few days lol...it is exhausting sometimes haha :winkwink:

Awe ladies I know what you mean! The cycle we got pregnant this time I kept getting positive opks and bbt going up and down thinking I was O'ing for about 5 days in a row. We ttc each day and that last time was definitely a chore and not fun :wacko: All I can say is if you get to hold your bfp in your hand in 10-14 days it will be totally worth it! Also on a side note progesterone cream is awesome for any luteal phase issues you may have. Got mine from 10 days to 14 (vitex had got it from 8 to 10 but then it stalled). I got mine on amazon and used it through first tri.

Also on a side note progesterone cream is awesome for any luteal phase issues you may have. Got mine from 10 days to 14 (vitex had got it from 8 to 10 but then it stalled). I got mine on amazon and used it through first tri.

I have thought about ordering some but never did. I do have some progesterone (200mg) that I was prescribed during my pregnancy as it was lower than normal. I have thought about taking it post ovulation, but worry about throwing off my hormonal balance (although I guess it probably isn't very balanced since I have such a short LP).

Thanks Pandi77! its good to know we aren't alone and that you were able to get pregnant! I'm just praying that my temp is up tomorrow...if not I think I'll be sunk for this cycle as my OPK was no longer + this morning. So fingers crossed there!

kellig-you should just call your doctor and ask the nurse or something if they think you could take it to help your LP since you are doing all this work trying! its worth a shot! :flower:

heck at this point ANYTHING that could help is worth a shot! :flower:

Got my temp spike I was going crazy worrying about....TWW here I am

OH BOY......

:dust: to all!

Hoping and Praying and basically begging we caught the egg and its a sticky one! :flower:

Yay! So happy for you!

Mine was still low this morning. I'm hoping it just means I O'd in the middle of the night or something and my temp hasn't had a chance to rise yet. I always freak out thinking I'm not gonna O, but I've never had an anovulatory cycle. FX tomorrow I get my spike!

Yay! So happy for you!

Mine was still low this morning. I'm hoping it just means I O'd in the middle of the night or something and my temp hasn't had a chance to rise yet. I always freak out thinking I'm not gonna O, but I've never had an anovulatory cycle. FX tomorrow I get my spike!

oh goodness I totally know how you feel! :hugs: that was me yesterday freaking out that I didn't O or that I wasn't going to! That is always my biggest fear is that I'm not going to ovulate....but if you haven't ever had an anovulatory cycle before this shouldn't be your first one! So that is good news!

My temp was weird yesterday morning though its usually low and then spikes up but yesterday it was like right in the middle....So I figured I O'd in the night too or REALLY early morning and that is why it was weird

Fingers crossed you get your spike tomorrow!! and lots of :dust: your way!!!:flower:

Got my spike! I think I must have ovulated early yesterday morning as I had some pain and then mild cramping.

Officially in the TWW!

Got my spike! I think I must have ovulated early yesterday morning as I had some pain and then mild cramping.

Officially in the TWW!

Yay!!!! :hugs: Ahhhh I'm not a fan of the TWW but still glad to be here!

Hopefully we wont go crazy! :winkwink:

Looks like O happened for both of you congrats! I used a progesterone cream btw which i'm sure is a lower dosage than what you have left over from your doctor. I also had a progesterone rx from my doctor but it was a lot more dramatic for me than the cream for the record. The cream made me a little drowsy which was convenient at bedtime but the pills make me a bit wonky lol.

Good luck this cycle to both of you and I will watch your charts so keep updating during your tww!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->