BD CD9.. Do we have a chance?

emicakess

Reaction score
Hi again girls! :) My BF and I BD'd on CD6 and CD9.. I am now CD11 and am having earlier today ovulation pains, lots of CM and my cervix is bouncing around a little but staying high and pretty soft. I took an OPK at around 8 tonight but it was negative. I know that these are ovulation pains but I have no idea if that means I am ovulating now and just missed my LH surge or I'm going to soon... I am hoping I am ovulating now/did earlier today! :winkwink: BF doesn't want to BD again so I am hoping that a lil swimmer makes it :thumbup: BF is more for NTNP and I am more for TTC if you can't tell. :cry: :p Any thoughts or stories on the matter? I can already tell I am going to be going crazy for two weeks, so someone to talk to would be nice. :blush:

Bump

Well i had ov pains yesterday but my cp was very soft and high today so I think I may be ov today? :) That means we BD'd 3 days ago.... Maybe I am being too hopeful but I really hope it happens this month! :D

I think you have a great chance, you are supposed to BD 2-3 days before O day, then again on O day for the best chances to conceive.
KUP!
:thumbup:

Thank you for the response :) I have irregular cycles so I could O anytime really but I am really hoping these O signs mean +O! All I can do really is just wait and see... I am nervous and very hopeful! I had a MMC in Feb and I was due Sept 3rd.... Even though every month I hope to fall preggers (we usually use pull out but he hasnt pulled out lately), for some reason (idk if this is weird) it would really mean a lot to me to get pregnant this month... Now for the waiting game!!!

Question: this may be TMI but if you BD a few days before you O does checking your CP/CM make the spermies fall out/die quicker?

Another question: Does ovulation last a days? a day? hours? Like I said I think I may have ovulated today due to ov pains yesterday, CM yesterday, and a SHOW cervix today... It was SHOW from the afternoon on, until just now I checked (11:46 PM) and it is very low and firm. How long does a cervix stay SHOW if ovulation occured? :)

I'm sorry I am a super curious person, I have a million questions about everything lol. Thank you to everyone who reads these rambles :)

When you ovulate the egg only lives a short time at the longest 24 hours if it isnt fertilised in that time it will disintegrate into the lining of your womb and is flushed out with your period. Thats why its better to bd every other day all month hahahah that way there will be sperm waiting for the egg even if you have no idea when you ovulate. Because sperm live up to 5-7 days if in the right conditions :) hope thats of some help to you

Noodles is totally spot on! Every other day would be ideal, but you need those :sperm: ready for the egg, so by doing it 2-3 days before ovulation that makes them just waiting for that egg to drop.

I have also heard that by skipping a day or two of BD increases your chances because it is likely that since OH hasn't finished in a few days there is more sperm available in that following ejaculate.

Ovulation symptoms can occur for a few days or even a week (with the SHOW, EWCM, cramping, etc) but the egg drops within 24 hours. Typically when you have O pains and such you are approaching ovulation, and then in a few days you will actually drop the egg.

I think it's great that you have a ton of questions...Not many girls know what happens to their body otherwise. I've learned to "google" just about anything and feel comforted that other people have the same questions/concerns and that is how I learned so much about babymaking lol!

I bought some opk yesterday did two and the lines were faint did one just now and got a positive woohoo better make sure I use it tonight hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->