BD Question....

Allym0101

TTC # 1 after 3 loses
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm really determined that this will be my month!!!!
I'm pulling out all the stops and doing everything I possibly can.

According to my CBFM I'm on peak fertility today which means I will ovulate within the next 2 days.

I have the OH well warned and as soon as I get in from work, it'll be all systems go... LOL.

Now here's my question... Each time we BD, is it beneficial to prop your bum up and lie with your legs in the air? If so, how long should I lie like that for?
And have any of you ladies got any tips or tricks??

Thanks

Ally xox

i would love to know anybodys tricks too:hugs:i will try anything if it helps me get my beany:dohh:

I was told to put a pillow under my bum legs in the air and cycle for about 15 - 20 mins (be prepared for you OH to laugh at you as mine does mind you I must look ridiculous) it certainly worked in Jan as I got pregnant after nearly a year of trying sadly I lost my little one and I'm now back in the TWW.

Good luck. Lots of :dust: to you.

p.s. this advice came from a friend of my husbands who knew we were trying and it worked for his wife!!

Thanks Lucy. I'll certainly give that a go later :)
Sorry for your loss, and hopefully this will be your month aswell.

Also, I have to mention... Lucy is the girls name I've picked out if I ever get my little baby. So perhaps that was a good sign that I got advise from you....

Thanks again

:dust: xoxo

I did the bum under a pillow and legs in the air trick and it worked for me, got preg 2nd cycle so when we try again this is what I will be doing again.

I even did bicycle legs LOL a bit of exersise as well..........

Oh also its good to orgasm as this makes the cervix suck up the sperm! apparently!! Dont know where I read that!

I was told that 20 minutes was the time to do. Anything that comes out after that are damaged sperm and seminal fluid.

Thanks girls. After :sex: it'll be bum under pillow and cycling my little legs for 20 minutes while watching the soaps lol. Won't I look lovely...... haha

:dust:

xoxo

A lot of people disagree on this. Some say it doesn't make a difference while other do!

I would say if you think it will help then do it! Although i probably wouldn't want to be cycling my legs in the air :haha:

Also if you know roughly when you ovulate try and have sex before you get a positive on CBFM.

In Feb when i got pregnant we had sex only once and it was 4 days before ovulation. So they way i look at it is try and do it before you get a positive as some of those sperms might make their way to the egg too!

in march - i used OPKs, the BD-ed everday according to the SMEP, but jumped out of bed after sex. did not get pregnant.
in april - I used the CBFM, DH was away for work the whole week so we only BD-ed once on my 3 bar day that week, I stayed in bed for 20 mins laying still and closing my legs very tightly cause I read on a medical journal that women who went in for insemination had a 70% higher chance of getting pregnant if they laid still in bed after that compared to women who stood up immediately. got pregnant from that one night.
but sadly lost it at 6+6

Thats really interesting mummy_blues. Obviously it's very sad that you lost the baby, but I wonder if you hadn't closed your legs would you still have got pregnant.

Anyway, I'm going to give it a go. Won't hurt trying.
Hopefully I can report back to you in 2 weeks letting you know that it worked :)

Thanks ladies and lots and lots of :dust: to you all

xoxox

I always did legs in the air for 20 mins after - got my oh to bring me a brew and a magazine :)

Thanks blue sky :)
hb1 - I'll be the same, a drink and catching up on eastenders will make my 20 minutes fly by lol

We normally have a nap afterwards if its was thu the day time, or at night we'd then just goto sleep, so i used to just lay on my stomach with my legs closed and sleep and i've done that and got preg 3 times, the sperm which need to get there do and the stuff that comes out obv isn't needed :)

I'm wondering, does everyone do this waiting, lying on your back thing? Each time my hubby and I have BDed this cycle everything comes out soon after he pulls out and after I stand up, and I have not waited 20 minutes. :( I hope that's still okay. I think I read that it doesn't matter, but then everyone is using softcups and laying on pillows so there must be something to it...now I'm confused and don't know what to think! It's too late for me this cycle as I'm past ov but next month I will stick my bum up in the air like the rest of ya's. :thumbup:

I know what you mean as soon as my oh pulls out it comes out, is that bad

I think only a small percentage comes out when he pulls out. Even if it seems like a lot. For those us who are wondering about lying with legs in the air and bums propped up.. It's not going to do us any harm and it's definately not going to lessen our chances so we may as well give it a go. And if it works then that's a bonus.

I'm off to try it... Lol

Allie84- i don't think it matters too much but it can't hurt to give it a try.

TMI but a lot usually comes out when OH pulls out so we have a system where he quickly pulls out and shut my legs and bum in the air straight away. It seems to do the trick and none comes out until i stand up lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->