BDing causing cramps???

PinkPokaDots

Reaction score
So I'm 5 weeks, and I was out all evening for New Years, which meant I was already a lil bit crampy cause of constipation...then when we got home my hubby and I decided to try and gently do it...but now I'm crampy and have a backache...am I over thinking it? Terrified of losing this baby...I miscarried last month. Anyone else rather cramps if they do very much activity?

I don't get cramps exactly, but it just feels awkward and weird. I've read someone else's post recently who said its crampy.

I got cramps super early on too. The Dr. told me it was normal. :)

I have cramps at times (4weeks) but it has settled down a lot since tho. However when bf and I bd I noticed I do cramp a little afterwards. I was told its normal.

i got cramps when being intimate around 5 and 6 weeks but the cramps went away quickly in less than a minute. it felt like a menstrual like feeling more than anything when it happened. i think it was just my uterus contracting from the activity. this didnt happen again until i was 18 weeks and it felt very painful but for some reason this cramping is just on and off for me. luckily, theres no spotting with it and each time if it ever does occur from being intimate, it lasts less than 30 seconds. im sure its my uterus contracting so i never worried or brought it up with an OB, especially because baby moves so often.

I'm going to post this....not to scare you, but to let you know there is a possibility of sex causing labor. This was my experience.

On new years eve 2011, I was 30 week pregnant. DH and I got it on (unprotected) in the morning. ABout 30 minutes later I was feeling VERY srong cramps that started to increase in pain and speed. I went to the hospital and I was in labor. They were able to stop it and I was put on bed rest and given nefedipine to stop contractions.

Doc banned sex, but said 'manual stimulation relations' were okay. In fact, I had lots of relations this way with no issues! Fast forward to 37 weeks, the day I was released form bedrest and DH and I got busy (unprotected). 15 minutes after, I was in labor. DD was born 18 hours later!

Thinking back, I am sure it was DH semen making contact with my cervix that caused me to go into labor. Semen has prostaglandins that are very similar to the ones they use for induction.

So this time, DH and I are using condoms throughout the pregnancy to try and prevent preterm labor from happening again!

My lower abdomen usually feels sore after DTD, but it goes away after a few minutes. Doesn't seem too alarming to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->