• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Beatrice Potter Event!!!!!!!!

FlumpsMamma

4yo and preg 1st tri
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm going to have to get you all excited for nothing! For a module at University myself and few others have to plan an event to promote reading and books so we have chosen to use Beatrice Potter as our inspiration.
It will hypothetically be held in a local park which holds a butterfly centre, museum, victorian street and river. There will be a number of activities which I will list below if you would all be so kind as to comment which things would be best and give me some feedback. I would also like it if you tell me any ideas you have as to how we could better the event and weither or not you are interested in something like this.

Activities:

scavanger hunt- Each participant will be given a sheet with clues which lead to facts about beatrice potter. At each fact there will be a rubber stamp to mark the paper so people dont cheat. At the end of the hunt all those who have all the stamps will recieve a prize (yet to be decided)

picnic- at the end of the scavengar hunt there will be a picnic, an area will be provided for people to sit and have food (either their own or if they wish provided- please comment on what would be best to provide) while they eat there will be people in costumes such as Peter Rabbit to entertain the children.

Photo opportunity- As stated above there will be people in costume and a make-shift veg patch or other backdrop and props will be available for people to have their picture taken. These pictures will be uploaded (with permission) to the events facebook page for people to download and keep.

Story time- There will be a person in Beatrice Potter attire reading a number of stories by the author throughout the event either in a marque or on the victorian street.

Colouring and Writing- There will be tables set up near the picnic area and volunteers there to help children colour with crayons pictures of characters or write their own little story.

Is there anything else that you think should be added? Can anyone think of anything to change? Please don't be shy please let me know anything you're thinking.

This is all hypothetical, it is not real and not happening but I would like you all to treat it as though it is.

Thank you all for your participation.

Sounds fantastic. My 5 year old daughter would love. How about petting area with rabbits (or other animals like hedgehogs) I know despite having a rabbit ourselves my children both love been able to see animals

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazygifts
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->