Beau - How to say it?

WhiteGeisha

Reaction score
Hey ladies

I really like the name Bo for a girl.

But the spelling is a little to be desired as a few people have pointed out:

Bo-gey
B.O (body odour)......

A friend of mine said that you can use the spelling of "beau" and it's pronounced the same "bow"....but I always thought this spelling was pronounced "be-yew"??

Can anyone help?

Thanks ladies :flower:

I would pronounce it as "bow".

:flower:

Beau is pronounced as Bo.

Have you ever heard someone refer to a girls boyfriend as her Beau? Same spelling. :)

So Emma Bunton's little boy - if I am right is Beau - is that pronounced the same for a boy?x

Beau is "bo" no matter the sex. Only time it doesn't sound like that is if it ends in-tiful!

Beau is the spelling for a boy and pronounced as Bow

Bo is the spelling for a girl.

I'd pronounce it like I would pronounce "you, ewe" etc :)

See this is how I thought it was pronounced....

I had Bo as the spelling for "bow"....

But my friend's friend has a dog :blush: called Beau and she pronounces it Bow.

I thought Emma B's son was a B-ewe, You....

Ah well either way if I call her Beau and say it Bow it's better than Bo-gey! :haha:

I hope no one would name their kid "b-you"....sounds like peeyew (stinky) and thats worse than b.o. lol

Beau is the French word for handsome. It's pronounced 'bo'. Strictly speaking, if you were using it for a girl you would need to use the feminine equivalent, Belle. So I can see why the female spelling would be Bo, as to a French person it would seem strange to call a little girl 'handsome'.

Of course, unless you are planning to up sticks and move to France this probably doesn't matter! Just thought it worth pointing out :flower:

Beau is the spelling for a boy and pronounced as Bow

Bo is the spelling for a girl.

Yep it's pronouced Bow. I agree with Boony though - it's masculine and I've never heard of a girl named Beau with that spelling, because it means boyfriend (sort of).

Yeah if I saw Beau written down - def a boy! (and everyone knows a bit of French right!) I love the name for a boy or a girl but for a girl I would have to spell it Bo x

I would pronounce it like Bow. xx

Agreed, Beau is definitely pronounced "Bo" and is masculine. I haven't ever seen a girl named Beau x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->