Because of a ignorant driver I couldn't get in drivers side of car!

familygirl30

Reaction score
I had a truck park so close to my car a person who wasn't even pregnant wouldn't have got in!icouldnt believe how close!i had to climb over from passengers side which is hard when your 30 weeks pregnant!times like this when I think their should b parking spaces for expectant mums

Oh no :-( I worry about that sometimes! What a knob. Park in mother and baby spaces! I would to prevent this from happening again. x

I had exactly the same thing happen to me, I was around 32 weeks and had to climb over the passenger side. I was soooo angry!! X

If that happened to me just now, I would NOT be able to climb over! I'm masssssive! I can't even get up from the sofa. I'd just stand at the car and cry haha! x

I wasn't impressed at all!what selfish people their are in this world!jus glad nobody was sat in their car watching me climb over!

I had this happen to me a couple of weeks ago! Luckily the woman was still sitting in her monster of an SUV so I tapped on her window and asked if she could move since I couldn't even open up the drivers side door to get in. She at first looked at me like I was crazy then took one look at my belly and started apologizing.

Not long after I had dd2 I went to the store alone and as soon as I parked some jack a$$ pulled in and was in the store before I could get out sideways so close to the side dd2 was on I couldn't get her out. I was so mad I slamed my car door into his car :x

This happens nearly every time I go at my OB appointments. There is a hospital,and right next door is my building but you park at the ER or have valet park you,but I can't stand someone else in my car or waiting for it to get pulled back around, so I park myself. While I understand MOST people parking in that area are going to the ER or visiting someone there, I feel like you have to TRY to park as horribly as some of these people. The goal is to get INSIDE the two white lines, not ON them, or OVER them. Just do it right the first time and then everyone can park.

And they are small spots too, so I someone with a large SUV or truck is parked there you are pretty much out of luck.

I'm in the US, and the only place I've ever seen with expecantant mother parking is babysrus. Its almost worth the price now!

Ugh. I hate this. I don't go out without my partner very often, and I've only ever experienced this when my partner was able to move the car out so I could get in. I'm so thankful for that. If I were alone, yeah, I'd probably just stand there and cry. lol

I would've accidentally bashed his passenger door getting in.

Oopsie.

This happens all the time, especially in parking garages. People just do not THINK when they park their cars! I have gone so far as to leave little notes for people on their windshields asking them to be more considerate of how close they park to others! :flower:

This has happened to me. My passenger door doesn't open so I had no choice but to just bash their car door with mine.

No skin off my nose. My car is an old banger n is scratched up anyway. His/Her BMW however...

Whenever this happens to me, it makes me wish I had a set of these cards: https://m.thefancy.com/things/245210157/You-Suck-At-Parking-Cards

Happened twice to me... Both times after 32 weeks and I had no choice but to climb over... I was furious and I have a new car or else I'd be smashing my door straight into theirs

We get this a lot here! I think spaces are actually too small, in that if I park my car in it and open the doors fully then half the door is in the space next door........and I drive a scenic, not a massive car! I has someone park so close to me a few months ago that even OH couldnt get i his side, I could JUST get in mine, but I had to open my door so much so it was pressing on their door and It did leave a mark on their door as I had to push mine, so they had a dent. Their tough shit as I had actually parked leaving more room my side and they parked right on the white line....

I also once parked in a space also to purposefully wedge some one in........they had parked right on the white line, the car park was full and people were parking on the verges and I found one space.....so I parked in it. they left me a note......asking to leave them an fing can opener next time. Had they parked like a normal person they wouldn't need one.

My ex once parked his car in such a small space he had to crawl out the boot (was a saxo) that was quite funny and he took a pic as well so that any damage he could claim for (he was parked in an actual space, the folk either side had P.L.A.C)

I don't see how some folk find it soo hard to park! Especially reverse parking.

So frustrating! This hasn't happened to me while being heavily preg so I'm lucky! But yeah I agree would definitely "accidentally " open the door too far?

I really hate it. I have a land rover defender so it is pretty much a long box on wheels so I can actually get into some quite tight spaces and it's got a step on each side so if another car tries to bash me they are the only ones that get hurt.

Our local ASDA is the worst. Sometimes it looks like they have tried to park sideways so I love to park next to them so they are blocked in. Even at 37 weeks I am quite agile so I wouldn't mind climbing over or getting out of the boot :)

This is another thing that happens a lot there:

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 8
If wasn't for my new car I would have bashed the door into is after my mood yest!wish I had seen them to to say something!

This happened ti me in asda a few weeks ago and I stood their and cried lol. I was having a horrid day and I use crutches to walk because of severe spd so climbing over wasnt an option. The woman who had parked so close to me was in a ford ka. It's a tiny car and she parked so badly. Some old woman ans man walked past and saw and went into asda and gave the customer service their registration number and they called for her to come ans move it. She was at the chemist collecting her prescription. She saunted up said I'll move it in a minute and walked back ti chemist! It was about ten minutes before she came back to move it. The staff were furious and I was stood their tears in eyes with my crutches lol. Felt like a right wally. As she was moving it the woman and man who helped walked out shop and the guy gave her some right abuse. I had a little grin after.that lol. Serves her right. She was oobviously a bad driver after seeing the amount of dents in her car

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->