Bed Rest and Birth Dates Survey?

Alimum

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my second bed rest due to incompetant cervix.

First one was in late 2009 for 4 months. I was admitted to hospital for an emergency stitch with a 9mm cervix and stayed there for 2 months. Got sent home at 28 weeks and gave birth at 34+5 waters broke with the stitch in BUT I was only on modifies bed rest at home, not strict).

This one my cervix was 16mm at 25 weeks. It was 37mm at 18 weeks, but has gone on a rapid down hill slide wince then! Even with a stitch put in at 15 weeks. I have been on bed rest since 21 weeks, strict bed rest since 22 weeks, currenlty 27 weeks (woohoo!).

So, my question is, Has anyone else been on bed rest? How far did you get??
This is kinda my own survey so I can sort of gauge what the success rate is (at to keep me in bed, I just want to play with my 1 year old, she's so cute!).

Might be easier to write it like this:
Time: 4 months (2 months strict, 2 months modified)
Length of cervix: 9mm at 20 weeks
Type: Strict/modified
Stitch: YES, emergency at 20 weeks
Gestation at birth: 34+5

Time: 5 weeks so far
Length of cervix: 16mm at 25
Type: Strict
Stitch: YES preventative at 15 weeks
Gestation at birth: 40 weeks??!!

Hi! I am on bedrest for totally different reasons (high, labile blood pressure!) and I spend a lot of time on a forum for preterm labour. I don't know if I am allowed to say the name on here (what are the forum rules?) but if you want to come hang out, just pm me. 8)

Hi hun. My first was delivered at 39wks with no complications.
Second my cervix was dilated at 23wks without warning, emergency stitch placed, delivered her at 24wks. The stitch really didn't work because it was placed in an already dilated cervix.
My third (twins), stitch placed at 12wks, self-imposed bed rest from 16wks, cervix stayed long and closed til 25wks when it funneled to the stitch. Went without complications all the way to scheduled section at 38wks and 2days delivered 9 and 7Ibs healthy twins!!!
They are living proof that an elective stitch can and does work, even with massive twins. No one thought I would make it, because twins are so much more difficult to carry, and the weight so much greater. I did get there, and you will too - good luck xxx

Hi hun, here is my info. This is my second pregnancy with IC.

Time: 2 1/2 months
Length of cervix: 13mm at 20 weeks.
Type: Strict
Stitch: YES, emergency at 20 weeks
Gestation at birth: 30+2

Time: 1 1/2 months
Length of cervix: 25mm at 24 weeks
Type:modified
Stitch: YES, elective at 15 weeks
Gestation at birth: ???? am currently 29+5 weeks

I had IC with my first but it was missed and I delivered him at 23.3 weeks.

Time: 22 weeks of moderate and then strict bed rest after the emergent stitch was placed.
Length of cervix: 0.8 cm at 20 weeks...1.8 cm after stitch was placed.
Type: Moderate and then strict.
Stitch: YES, emergent at 20 weeks.
Gestation at birth: .34.3 weeks (our daughter was born on June 7th, 2011 after my water broke and preterm labor started)

cervix stayed long and closed til 25wks when it funneled to the stitch
It funnel to the stitch on bed rest! Nooooooo! BUt its a great sucess story huh! thanks, very encouraging!

It did, BUT when you have true IC then funneling is to be expected, which is why a stitch is placed in the first place hun. My consultant wasn't at all worried about this, because she said the stitch was doing its job. You must remember too, I was carrying twins and the strain on a cervix is so much greater. If they had been one baby, it is likely that my cervix wouldn't have funneled at all - I was at full-term size by 28wks with them, just to give you an idea ;) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->