Bed time!!!

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
Help!!!!

Noah used to be so good at going to bed, it was bath, bottle, lay in cot dummy in and asleep!!
Now its a 2 hour screaming marathon & I can't seem to do anything!

I have to admit the first time he went in his own roon which is in our new house I sat with him & gave him a cuddle and sung - he just fell asleep in my arms. Over the last week as soon as he's had a bit of milk he starts sreaming & pushing me away! I'll put him down in his cot and it just turns in to a screaming match! Lastnight I ended up playing James Blunt on the laptop til he went to sleep! Tonight I had to put him in the pram and rock him, he screamed for 2 and a half hours - I had to give in!

What else can I do?? He just screams for hours but as soon as I pick him up he smiles?? He's not crying cos there's anything wrong with him?????

PLEASE HELP!! :hissy:

hey hun, have you tried the controlled crying thingamy bob, where you lay them in their cot say night night and walk out the room, then when they cry leave it a min, go in say night night kiss etc walk out again, and do the same leaving longer and longer inbetween going in to say night night, think it works by teaching them that no matter how long they cry they dont get picked up, and you going back and forth reassures them

could it also be his teeth??

A large drink on the 28th IS IT A DATE?? :drunk: Chris puts him to bed - problem solved? :lol:

*Sorry* erm me no idea I've not been there. I think from seeing other threads its a grin & bear situation *hides*

Maybe with your stress lately it all seems much worse & not so calm in dealing with? Kiddies sense upset Mummies sometimes to their advantage - mokeys & moos!

A large drink on the 28th IS IT A DATE?? :drunk: Chris puts him to bed - problem solved? :lol:

*Sorry* erm me no idea I've not been there. I think from seeing other threads its a grin & bear situation *hides*

Maybe with your stress lately it all seems much worse & not so calm in dealing with? Kiddies sense upset Mummies sometimes to their advantage - mokeys & moos!

Me thinks so :drunk:...... at least they'll be no blisters this time!!

Dnt think its worse than it is.....2 and a half hours of screaming & crawling around his cot!!
I wonder if it maybe that there's not enough time spent with him from when I get in til bedtime?? Maybe he wants more attention?

Think I maybe changing my hours at work soon anyway - can't cope with them!!

hey hun, have you tried the controlled crying thingamy bob, where you lay them in their cot say night night and walk out the room, then when they cry leave it a min, go in say night night kiss etc walk out again, and do the same leaving longer and longer inbetween going in to say night night, think it works by teaching them that no matter how long they cry they dont get picked up, and you going back and forth reassures them

could it also be his teeth??

I had this down to a T before we moved......dunno whats happened!!!

Gonna have to get working at giving it a go again!!

Everyone used to be shocked at how I'd just leave him & he'd go asleep, now its like 'How long can Noah scream tonight?!'

:hugs:, its s**t hearing them like that, and its the last thing you need after a day at work, soz that your going through this.. hope it gets better soon..x

Me thinks so :drunk:...... at least they'll be no blisters this time!!

Dnt think its worse than it is.....2 and a half hours of screaming & crawling around his cot!!
I wonder if it maybe that there's not enough time spent with him from when I get in til bedtime?? Maybe he wants more attention?

Think I maybe changing my hours at work soon anyway - can't cope with them!!
I'm cutting some black trainer socks next time I wear them believe me!!! Was well pissed off and oh boy did my feet kill for days!

Is C going to be home on time for you then? I'll make us some food too you see!

How much time from home to his bed do you get to spend with him?

How many hours are you cutting down to? :lol:

I'm cutting some black trainer socks next time I wear them believe me!!! Was well pissed off and oh boy did my feet kill for days!

Is C going to be home on time for you then? I'll make us some food too you see!

How much time from home to his bed do you get to spend with him?

How many hours are you cutting down to? :lol:

Yup, he'll be home! Prob come to yours around 6.30 - 7pm - that ok?

I've no sat nav either so you'll have to bear with me - i'll prob get lost!!

I get home at about 10 to 7, Noah's bed time was 7 but I tend to let him go at 8 now so I get a bit of time with him!!

Not cutting my hrs down just changing them so I work 10.30 - 4pm so I get to pick Noah up and may actually get to do something with him after work!!

xx

No nav? :shock:

Once you get into where I live which is so small I would say go to the garage & I'll come find you!

he coudl really be missing you hun - the attention from Mummy :(

Could be that separation anxiety has arrived! This usually happens at 7 or 8 months.

Hope it gets better for you!:hugs:

I guess it will pass.. it can be so frustrating though.

I agree with some controlled crying, leave him for 5, then return but don't keep picking him up - if he knows you're going to pick him up, he will keep crying.

Lots of attention before bed and time to chill out.

Hope it's sorted soon. :)

Didnt see if you answered about the teething or not. My couison's baby started to cut teeth at about 8 months. The nurse told me I could give Noah Tylenol every four hours when he starts teething. Maybe ask your doctor if it' okay to give him to see if it will help.

Hi hun, have you seen the No Cry Sleep Solution? It's a great book that gives you a ten step programme to teach your baby to sleep, and there's no crying involved. Try your local library for it or you can get it on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->