bedfordshire anyone

Hi!

I never knew that you could subscribe to a thread! Normally, I post on here and then look digilantly for a week or so but then I forget! Lol.

Typical, bank holiday weekend and the weather has gone downhill.... I have a really bad cold and my house needs a good clean! On strict instructions by DH not to do any housework... "just get better". Can't help it though. Think the nesting instincts are coming through!

Hope you are all well... I packed the babies hospital bag today. Will do mine in the next couple of weeks but somehow maternity pads etc are not as exciting to pack as baby outfits!

After talking to you all about hospitals, we have now transfered to Bedford. It didn't help that when I went for my appointment with the mw at 29 weeks she told me that they have not had any of my bloods returned from The Lister! I was fuming...partly (I admit) because I am not good with needles and tend to pass out). I now have to go to the clinic in Shefford and have the booking bloods and 28 week bloods re-done this week. Last time, my DH was with me, this time I will be on my home... "I will be brave...I will not pass out".:rofl::rofl::rofl: Lets just hope that I am not rhesus neg!

Anyway, enough rambling for one day!

PP - I hope your sunburn is much better. I am hoping to get out in the garden when I finish work!

CantWaitToTTC -:hi: Yes, it's nice to see so many people from Beds on here... as far as the 'being a similar age' thing goes, I am feeling old! :rofl:

Ahhh at least they got you transferred thats the main thing!1

How comes they sent you to Shefford and not Stotfold? Which one do you have as your GP? I must say the baby clinic is pretty good at Stotfold, they always get you seen to quickly and the HV's are really nice :thumbup:

Im still at Stotfold, need to change, but i like it there :lol:

The only way I know people have replied in here now is coz i've subscribed. It's how I keep up with people journals too :thumbup:

Glad you have managed to change, but sorry to hear you have to go through the bloods again :hugs: it will be ok though!! and no, maternity pads are no where near as fun as baby suits and cute little cardigans :D but it has to be done...I think I packed enough for a week away, and i still forgot stuff (I didnt prepare for having a C-section :dohh:) but that's what was handy about not living too far from the hospital coz I just sent OH off home to get the extra bits!

The weather today hasnt been too bad up here. Not quite good enough to go out in the garden as it's waaaay too windy, but still nice enough to have a window or two open :thumbup: and I think it's only rained once...maybe twice! :dohh:

Ahhh at least they got you transferred thats the main thing!1

How comes they sent you to Shefford and not Stotfold? Which one do you have as your GP? I must say the baby clinic is pretty good at Stotfold, they always get you seen to quickly and the HV's are really nice :thumbup:

Im still at Stotfold, need to change, but i like it there :lol:

Yes, at least I am transfered.... we still don't know Bedford town very well as have always been the other way (Stevenage, Welwyn, St Albans) so we did a dummy run to at least find out where the hospital is last weekend. I don't know why I have to go to Shefford....? She said it as though it was normal. Don't even know where it is in Shefford so will have to google for directions! My doctor's surgery is Arlesey, I transfered as I was in Hitchin and the mw told me that she couldn't "cross the border" into Arlesey! :dohh: How funny! It sounds like I have moved country not a couple of miles!

The only way I know people have replied in here now is coz i've subscribed. It's how I keep up with people journals too :thumbup:

Glad you have managed to change, but sorry to hear you have to go through the bloods again :hugs: it will be ok though!! and no, maternity pads are no where near as fun as baby suits and cute little cardigans :D but it has to be done...I think I packed enough for a week away, and i still forgot stuff (I didnt prepare for having a C-section :dohh:) but that's what was handy about not living too far from the hospital coz I just sent OH off home to get the extra bits!

The weather today hasnt been too bad up here. Not quite good enough to go out in the garden as it's waaaay too windy, but still nice enough to have a window or two open :thumbup: and I think it's only rained once...maybe twice! :dohh:

Yeah, I am now subscribed and should get weekly email updates...

I need to be a bit more organised as we are about 35 minutes from the hospital. Obviously it is do-able but considering when I was packing babies bag my husband was just choosing outfits that he "liked" - god knows what I would end up with him bringing me! :haha: The one he wanted to pack was 3-6 months! God, I really hope she isn't going to be that big!!!!! :shrug:

aww bless him!!

Yeah, be prepared for everything. Take lots of underwear...You will need it either way coz if you end up having a c-section you 'could' be in there for three days or so after the birth (the day of the birth doesnt count as one of those three days either!) :thumbup:

How did you find the sights of Bedford then? Nice isnt it :rofl: x

aww bless him!!

Yeah, be prepared for everything. Take lots of underwear...You will need it either way coz if you end up having a c-section you 'could' be in there for three days or so after the birth (the day of the birth doesnt count as one of those three days either!) :thumbup:

How did you find the sights of Bedford then? Nice isnt it :rofl: x

Ha ha! I have been to the town centre a fair bit but had never been to the hospital! Yeah, have been getting bits for my hospital bag today. Got most stuff but need a couple of nighties that I will be happy wandering around in. Not far off now though. Might start to pack it and see exactly what I still need in a bit. DH is at pub watching football... told him to make the most of it as in a few weeks I won't want him to drink incase he needs to drive! Hoping not to have a c-sect - you never know though :shrug: So far I think I have been really lucky and had an easy time of it... hoping that doesn't mean I will have a nightmare labour! :dohh:

Thanks

Hi everyone I'm from Bedfordshire too - Stotfold to be exact.

Pregnant with my first baby and haven't got a clue, feel a little bit out of my depth, especially when it comes to talking breast pumps and maternity pads......god its a minefield to me!

Hope you don't mind me joining in?

Hi xmrsbx!!! I was the same when I found out I was pregnant, I read up loads about everything in the first tri!
I'm from Leighton Buzzard, near to Milton Keynes. Where abouts is Stotfold?
x

hi xmrsbx :wave:

I was the same when I found out I was pregnant but it must be hard-wired into us or something coz you kinda just take to it like a duck to water when bubbs is finally here :thumbup:

I've heard of stotfold but couldnt tell you where it is. What is it near? xx

Hi everyone I'm from Bedfordshire too - Stotfold to be exact.

Pregnant with my first baby and haven't got a clue, feel a little bit out of my depth, especially when it comes to talking breast pumps and maternity pads......god its a minefield to me!

Hope you don't mind me joining in?

Hello!

I felt the same about pregnancy...still do to be honest but think the excitement starts to take over more than the worry!

By the way, I live in Arlesey...so really not very far at all! :thumbup:

Hello- thought ild join you ladies! I'm from beds. Biggleswade to be exact!

Going to bedford hospital and hoping for a water birth with my first baby!

I'm on team yellow and I'm 36 weeks today! Eak!

Hiya Ladies, How you all doing?? I havent been on this thread for ages. Its nice nowing there are so many people nearby expecting babies. Im in biggleswade, and planning to have my baby at bedford. Had a bit of a tour round on Monday and its a lovely unit.

XMrsbx this is my first baby too and I know exsactly how you feel! Its all a little scary isnt it?! lol

So when is everyone due and do you know which team you're on?? :)

Take care xx

Hiya Ladies, How you all doing?? I havent been on this thread for ages. Its nice nowing there are so many people nearby expecting babies. Im in biggleswade, and planning to have my baby at bedford. Had a bit of a tour round on Monday and its a lovely unit.

XMrsbx this is my first baby too and I know exsactly how you feel! Its all a little scary isnt it?! lol

So when is everyone due and do you know which team you're on?? :)

Take care xx

Hi! I am also going to bedford, first baby :)wacko:) and due July 7th. I haven't been for my tour of the unit yet :blush: but keep meaning to go. I thought it was only Saturday mornings that they did them? Glad you liked it though!

I think the tours normally are saturdays but we were on the delivery suit waiting to see the anethnatist (sorry if thats spelt worng) and they only had 2 ladies in at the time so my DH mentioned coming for a tour and they gave us one then and there. Rooms a bigger than i was expecting, felt really light and airy and its so much nicer than lister :) Hey maybe we'll be in at the same time im due 3 days after you so u never no! :0)

I think the tours normally are saturdays but we were on the delivery suit waiting to see the anethnatist (sorry if thats spelt worng) and they only had 2 ladies in at the time so my DH mentioned coming for a tour and they gave us one then and there. Rooms a bigger than i was expecting, felt really light and airy and its so much nicer than lister :) Hey maybe we'll be in at the same time im due 3 days after you so u never no! :0)

Ha ha! That would be funny! I hope pregnancy is treating you well...:thumbup:

I am so bored of living in Flitwick.. I need some friends before I go crazy and move back to the craphole I used to live in :-( :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->