Bedtime + crying (me and Isobelle)

Rah

Mummy to 2 princesses
Reaction score
We put Isobelle to bed between 7 and 7.30pm She has a bath, massage, then fed, winded, quick cuddle and down
Then the crying starts after 10mins we go up dummy in and out again and do the same again 10 mins later she normally falls alseep
Tonight though she carried on for 10 mins (30 in total) i go in pick her up wind her (tiny burps), calm her down (she was really sobbing) offer her milk she refused and put her back down she carried on crying really really crying well i was in tears down stairs hubby went up calmed her down and she looked like she was going to drop of but after 5 mins started again so i went up and brought her down as it had been about 50 mins and i couldnt do it any more
I put her in the swing while we ate dinner and she sat watching us them fell asleep 20 mins after bringing her down

**Did i do the right thing bringing her down or should i of left her up there?? (1st time i have ever done this)
**How long will she cry like this??

I would've done the same thing. No harm, so long as it doesn't become a habit, IMO.

If hewasreally upset and I thought he was ill or teething or ill I would bring him down. When we had the heatwave we'd try and put him to bed then let him down because it was hot up there but he carried on being a monkey long after it cooled down. So I wised up and once he's in his cot, he stays there- it only took2 nights to relearn that. and I was out those nights so OH got to deal with it :D

My LO has suddenly started this. last 2 nights crying her eyes out for no reason as soon as got into her cot. got her out cuddled back in, daddy there too, then drops off like nothing happened. tonight was back to normal tho, maybe a phase they go through? testing us bless!

see how tomorrow goes? can understand you don't want to let her go through it, but don't want her to get used to coming back down too? LO did it 2 nights now normal again, so FX for you won't last long

liam was the same last night too.. I brought him down he was overtired but he started throwing tantrums because he wasnt getting his own way ie climbing up and smacking the telly.. so after taking him up their and sitting next to his cot for 10 mins he was out like a light.. think you did the right thing she isnt old enough to click on about getting her own way yet x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->