Bedtime feeding

WndrlndsOwl

Mom of Jocelyn
Reaction score
At what age do toddlers not need a milk feeding before bed so that dinner is the last thing they have?

I would say when they stop wanting it. It's quite normal though for kids to have a glass of milk before bed at 2, 3, even as old as 5. Generally speaking, toddlers should have about 500 ml of milk or the equivalent in dairy based foods (cheese, yogurt, etc.) every day, so having a cup of milk before bed is one way to get some of this dairy into them if they aren't getting it all from other sources. My daughter is 17 months and has a cup of about 200 ml of milk before bed (it's the only milk she has all day other than in foods, like porridge or cereal, or yogurt/cheese, etc.), so I'm quite keen to keep it up until she doesn't want it anymore.

My LO is 28 months and she still nurses right before bed.

My 3 year old still has a bottle of milk at bed time, he's terrible at eating so this is one way of getting something good into him, I can't picture it stopping anytime soon

My Mum always gave us a small glass of milk before bed, this only stopped when we were teenagers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->