bedtime routines ???

Laraa

Mummy to a PrincEss.xxxxx
Reaction score
HI ALL, I JUST NEED SOME ADVICE. IVE READ A FEW POSTS AND IVE NOTICED MANY LADIES PUT THEIR LO'S TO BED 7-9ISH.

I PUT MY LO TO BED 10.30ISH SIMPLY BECAUSE SHE GETS UP EVERY 3-4 HOURS..SO I PUT HER TO BED WHEN I GO TO BED MYSELF THAT WAY I GET A GOOD 3-4 HOURS SLEEP.

ANY ADVICE AT ALL. Do YOU THINK IM DOING THE RIGHT THING OR SHOULD I BE PUTTING HER TO BED EARLIER. MY ROUTINE AT THE MO IS ..

10.30 - PUT LO TO BED
11- 11.30 ISH SHE'L NOD OFF
3AM- WAKE FOR FEED
6-7AM- WAKE FOR FEED
9AM -WAKE FOR FEED AND STAY AWAKE UNTIL AFTERNOON NAP

I think at that age, especially if you're staying home with her and she's the only kid it's just fine to have them on whatever schedule works for your family, doesn't really matter what time if it works for your family. As long as she's getting the sleep she needs. Like the boys use to have a bedtime, like actual routine, of 1-2am....they slept until around noon. I was a SAHM (still am) none were in school, their daddy worked long late hours and this way we were able to have family dinner, family time and all that, it worked for us for years. When it was time for them to start school we adjusted it, and my husband's hours have now changed too so we have a "normal" routine, they go down at 8.

How much does she sleep during the day?
Are you breast feeding or formula feeding and how much (in the day)?
When you do the 3am feed how much does she drink?

It's perfectly reasonable for her to still be waking during the night etc .. but it seems her 12 hours of nightime is slightly shifted towards the later side .. going to bed at 10.30 waking at 9 etc.

I would just gradually move her bedtime forward 20 mins or so every other night, in an ideal world i think LO should sleep 7 - 7 gives you time in the evening to relax and its a sensible time to wake for the day espec if you have work etc.

Everyone is different though .. she'll gradually drop that 3 am feed when she starts getting enough in the day and would prob sleep 10.30 through till 9 .. depends what you want really.

thanks hun for reply. She is only child and i am at home with her for a while yet..i guess ill go with the flow..it'd b good if she dropped the 3am feed :)

It's perfectly reasonable for her to still be waking during the night etc .. but it seems her 12 hours of nightime is slightly shifted towards the later side .. going to bed at 10.30 waking at 9 etc.

I would just gradually move her bedtime forward 20 mins or so every other night, in an ideal world i think LO should sleep 7 - 7 gives you time in the evening to relax and its a sensible time to wake for the day espec if you have work etc.

Everyone is different though .. she'll gradually drop that 3 am feed when she starts getting enough in the day and would prob sleep 10.30 through till 9 .. depends what you want really.

thanx for your advice.
She will have an afternoon nap of about 3 hours and a nap around 6ish for an hour or so..She has ff and has little but often..she wont take more than 2-3 ounce.
3am feed again he will take maximum 3ounce.

thanx for your advice.
She will have an afternoon nap of about 3 hours and a nap around 6ish for an hour or so..She has ff and has little but often..she wont take more than 2-3 ounce.
3am feed again he will take maximum 3ounce.

My LO was exactly the same lol, up until she was 2 1/2 months i was still feeding her at least once a night .. simply because in the day she would only take 2/3 oz at a time .. so wasnt getting enough .. then she started going 4 oz every 3 hours and then 5oz every three hours and she started sleeping from 6.30 to 6.30.

at the moment your lo in only little so i wouldnt really worry too much you'll find she falls into a routeen soon. When she gets older i would slightly shorten that 3 hour afternoon nap though it will help to get more sleep out of her at night.

It seems though she's on the right track 3 oz at the 3am feed isnt alot so will prob drop it soon.

yeh because she doesnt have good feeds during day shes up at night :) but like u said im hoping her feeds will increase soon and the 3am feed may drop. The routine works well for me as im up at 7 when shes still asleep to get bottles ready for the day, do any cleaning and chill on here..lol
however i may try putting her down earlier like u suggested and see how that works.

If its working well for you now i wouldnt worry too much .. i think eventually all babies routeens must start to settle into a more accepted time. Especially when she starts taking more formula.

Hi Lara

Ha Ha, your post could have been written by me a couple of weeks ago!

I have pretty much exactly the same routine as you. My bedtime is dictated by LO's last feed, be it any time from 9pm-11pm.
I was worried I too should be putting her to bed around 7pm as it seemed thats what everyone else was doing but then I think as long as you and your LO are happy then there is no problem :)
Chloe also wakes up between 2am-4am (depending on what time we go to bed) and then again at around 6am, then again at around 9am when we get up and watch Jeremy Kyle (!).
If I put her to bed at 7 either I would have to stay up waiting for her next feed or I would go to bed when I am ready but then possibly have to get up after aan hour which is rubbish! I prefer to go to bed with her so I can get a nice 3-4 hour block of sleep.

I know people like to have there grown up time in the evening after LO goes to bed but at the moment I love having Chloe up with me, grown up time can wait! I love spending the evenings with her and she seems to love it too. Her most active time is about 8pm.

I think when I move into my new flat in Feb when Chloe is about 4 months I will start earlier bedtimes then, hopefully also she will be sleeping longer and may have droped the middle of the night feed too so will work well (I hope)!

My lo still wont go to bed till between 9pm and 11pm no matter what i try :shrug:

Yeah up until 3 months I put her 3 bed when i went as you get more sleep. From about 3 months I started bath, bottle, bed between 8-8.30. Put her bed awake so she used to once had bath, then comes bottle then bot bot! She still moans when u put her down but now sleeps till approx 7am ish. If she wakes in night we let her settle herself..good luck xx

You pretty much have the same routine as me! Lol. I think it's better to put LO down at about 10/11 so i sleep when she sleeps. I don't get enough sleep as it is so if i put her down earlier when i'm not sleeping then i think i would go crazy! Lol.

I will start thinking about moving her bedtime forward when she's sleeping through the night

well we are the same, George has his bottle between 930 10.30 and in the last week hes has slept through his night bottle, woke up but gave him his dummy and he went back off straight away, so its working, so hopefully soon, he will sleep right through, if we put him down earlier, he still would want his night bottle, so i would rather give him his last feed then bed myself xxxx

We also settle LO about 930/10 and go to bed ourselves. He takes his last bottle about 9 but wont sleep straight away. TBH I wouldnt be able to settle LO earlier as he doesnt sleep earlier than 930/10 or if he does its only for 30 min nap. He then wakes c 130/200 and again at about 5 for a bottle but will sleep until about 8 in the morning so this suits us as the moment. He is just 8 weeks old so we're hoping he will soon drop one of the feeds....fingers crossed ....a Xmas present for us!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->