Been given or brought and what?

Hi Hulahoop,

Not been around too much - it's my busiest time of year at work (Tax Return deadline on 31 January!) Next week though I'll be back with a vengence ;)

How are you doing?

Back to it :happydance: I am okay, just want the next couple of weeks to hurry I want to get that BFP!!! :cloud9:

x

We've started to buy things, but we have a two year old niece, so anytime we buy something it is so we can use it for her. I started out with toys because all of our frend shave kids so we wanted stuff they could play with at our house. Now we've moved onto a car seat for our niece because I keep her a couple times a month, I suspect it will only get worse from here. Hubby and I bought some outfits last year and every one in a while I will buy a bunch of outfits to give as baby shower gifts and keep one or two. My mom has been collecting stuff for years and this Christmas they handed over my old crib, we don't need any baby furniture as the baby will be in the guest room. So I think I am done buying now, because all that is left is the little knick knack stuff and I don't want to jinx myself as I can use most of what I have for my niece.

i suggest you all start saving for a decent breast pump my highest recommendation is a medela they are the best and work the best and last the longest. N the safest car seat on the market which is also a convertible is the radian xt starting at about $300 canadian

We dont drive so wont be needing a car seat. I am considering breast feeding but am not 100% so will deffo have to decide on pumps when we get preg etc :)

x

you will still need a car seat for when family takes the little one wont you?

My parents dont drive. Only MIL. They can buy one unless I get a pram that includes one :D The pram I want has a a carrycot and I think a car seat though.

x

We havent got any plans to drive either so to me a car seat isnt a necessity. I am rather excited about the other bits to get.

x

ooo n im not sure if this would work for you but i bought a pantry cupboard for my sons room it works amazing for all the odds and ends and clothes i use it for way more stuff then i do his dresser. Just an idea.

That sounds good. We have a bit of a bonus of built in wardrobe, shelves and cupboards in the spare room :) Main thing other than that we will need is a dresser. Lol. I also want a changing unit that includes a bath :D

x

i personally only used a infant tub till he could hold his head up then it was easier to put him in the sink or the tub. N now its just the tub because he likes to crruise around the tub lol.

Lol. It is a baby bath and I have seen a support to lay the baby in

x

ohh never seen an actual baby bath though i have seen the mesh supports

i dont drive my hubby does but im unsure about driving because im blind in my right eye

Id love to buy some cute baby clothes but it feels like its never going to happen so id feel stupid :( but it is temping! I still look at baby clothes and stuff online sometimes :)

My parents never drove so I am used to it. Me and hubby walk to work and back. In laws drive. We prefer to fork out for holidays then drive as we couldnt really do both plus have social life. :D

xx

Nothing yet. I was actually 14 weeks pregnant until the end of Nov when I lost the baby and I hadn't bought anything yet. I was waiting to know if we were having a boy or girl...

coming from experience 9 months to get everything u need is not enough and its smart to start shopping prior like hubby and i didnt have a crib till i wass 38 weeks along raising a baby isnt cheap and i think your all very smart to start shopping now

I've been saving for a while, just not buying yet :)

I haven't bought anything yet, don't want to tempt fate, I think if I was a normal healthy person maybe I would, but with PCOS I know it's all about the waiting game! lol, mind you - I do like to have a good look! I love looking at buggies/strollers! I just tell myself it's for my friend's babies ;-) and if I ever do see something super cute occasionally I'll get it for my friend's 7m old baby boy, I loved buying him stuff at xmas :) I love buying presents for people anyway but especially as I know his mummy (one of my best friends) will appreciate it too! she told me she is saving her crib for me when I have a baby :) she's such a sweetheart.

my oh's got lots of family members expecting babies atm, so I'm sure I will have fun buying them things over summer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->