Been in hospital again, labile hypertension

sophie22

Reaction score
Ugh. I have labile hypertension. Basically it swings suddenly high then ok. It's sending my anxiety through the roof. Anyone have experience of this?

I was monitored in the hospital for a few hours yesterday for high bp. For me, it's doctor anxiety I think. They had me get a monitor for home, and since I've been monitoring myself, I've been fine. I still had to do my second 24 hr urine collect. Ick. I've not heard of labile hypertension. Do you monitor yourself or are all your readings come from the doctor's office?

But, yeah, it sends my anxiety through the roof too. I have GD and all the extra medical attention is making me a complete mess. I am finding though that having the home moniter helps me feel less scared of having my BP checked, and since my home readings are in the normal range, I've had considerably less anxiety. If you don't have one, I would recommend one. It wasn't too expensive, and it really has given me some peace of mind. If you think your high readings might be caused by being at the doctor like mine, having the machine at home might help your anxiety too.

It's the first I've heard of it to but it just means blood pressure the goes high very quickly then back down. I have a home monitor, the doctor told me not to use it as if its high due to anxiety it will make me worry more, but I find it makes me feel better if I take it when relaxed and it's ok. I've got extra checks with the midwife coming out. I'm hoping mines anxiety if that's possible! What readings were yours?

At the office it's gotten as high as 170/100. At home and calm, the highest it's been is 134/92. When i first got the machine, I was pretty terrified of it and got a 164/99, but since I've taken it repeatedly to acclimate myself to taking it, I'm usually in the 125/85 range. Seeing those high readings though really freak me out. I totally understand your anxiety.

Thanks I feel better knowing I'm not alone! I've had similar readings! They admitted me twice now though and gave tablets but it goes down after the first dose so I don't have to stay on them. Have they told you it may just be anxiety causing it?

I explained how nervous the office made me (because my MFM is horrible, and I feel like she is telling me I am going to die at every appointment), and the nurse practitioner who usually sees me recommended a home machine to see if my readings would be lower at home (which they are). Though she had to admit me yesterday because of the high readings, she said if I could show on my home monitor that my readings are normal, it would make them feel better about letting me go instead of admitting me every time. I see my regular doctor on Thursday, then the MFM on Monday. We'll see what they say then. So far they have classified me as having gestational hypertension, but I've not been given any meds at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->