Been in Hospital :(

N

Nade..Tadpole

So Elsie-May has had a HUGE telling off for scaring us so much!! :nope:

But here's how everything went..
I've been having some 'stabbing pains' this last week and put it down to pulling muscles etc. then..
Thurday I got some cramping and went to the loo at 5:45pm and was bleeding.. :nope:
Automatically phoned Maternity Triage and they told me to come in asap..
Well on the way to the hosptial I started having contractions :cry:

We got there at 7:10pm (as I had to get Ross who lives in the next town and Hospital is a 40min drive)..
We were put into a waiting room with me on all 4's rocking.. they also knew I was bleeding and that I was ONLY 20wk+6...

Well at 10:20pm I WAS STILL THERE!! :growlmad: My MIL walked out of the waiting room at grabbed a midwife and yelled at her :dohh:
Getting the reply 'Oh is that the one who's bleeding..? We didnt realise she was in pain' :dohh: dopey cow!
We then got moved into another room which was basically the midwives office.. with a bed in it! :wacko:
They took my blood pressure.. Listened to Elsie-May's HB (which was fine) and tested my urine.. all fine!
But I was still bleeding.. Still had stabbing pains.. and STILL contracting!!
I was told a doctor was on his way and would be 2 MINUTES..

An hour later! I was moved to a side room where there was a proper bed and at 12:20 a doctor and student midwife came and examined me..
My cervix had 'ruptured' and cells that should be on the inside, had come outside and that was the bleeding..
(I can honestly say I have never had 2 people with their heads 'down there' looking up my nunny with a flash light :dohh:) Am so glad Ross left the room!

He then said he would come back in 5 minutes when I had gotten dressed and tell me his 'plan'...
I NEVER saw this doctor again..............
Ross had to leave which was horrible.. Never seen him look so scared and he burst out crying as he walked away, which set me off :cry:
I was told by the student to put my pyjama's on and try and get some sleep. I was given codine to take the edge off, but got no sleep what so ever...:nope:

I was checked on at 5:30am .. still contracting and getting stabbing pains.. still bleeding..

At 7:30am the staff changed over so I lost hope of hearing this doctors master plan :nope:
Ross came to visit me at 10am and I managed to get up and go for a walk to the entrance for some fresh air and so I could phone my mum... Walking made the contractions stronger so we went back.. and the midwife called for a doctor..

She came at 12:45pm... examined my stomach... and said she didnt know.. and got her registrar (sp?)..
He came at around 1:30pm and said Braxton hicks contractions.. but wanted me to see the consultant to make sure..

She then came at 3:45pm (and was a bitch! not just to me but to the poor midwife!).. She said yes they were braxton hicks.. and I was also experiencing Muscular-Skelital pains as I am quite big for my stage of pregnancy..
She said if this carries on I will need physio therapy as I'll get separated symphysis where my pelivs splits and it will put too much pressure on my pubic bone :nope:

I thought as the first half of my pregnancy wasnt the best that the second half would be a breeze!! :dohh:
I'm at home now, finally. Still got BHC but they're getting milder and less frequent..
Have been told to keep my feet up and rest and the bleeding will subside..
Also to take some time off work.. take it easy when I do go back and go on maternity leave as soon as possible..

I have a horrible feeling Elsie-May isnt going to stay in there till her due date.. Either that or she'll give us all these scares and then I'll end up being induced! :dohh:

But yeh... That's how my last few days panned out :/

omg that must have been so scary! :hugs: sorry you had go through that and the people at the hospital were so horrible :growlmad: hope your princess behaves herself from now on and you feel better soon :flower:

Oh no so sorry you had to go through all that! Hopefully that's the only scare like this, atleast until she's fully baked. :hugs: take it easy.

Thanks girls :hugs:
If this is any indication to how she's going to be when she's here I'm going to have my hands full!
My mum said she's just like me as my mum had the same thing at 24weeks with me :dohh:
Yeh hoping next time I feel anything close to this she is fully-baked!
xx

Aww :hugs: My Mum says little girls are cows during pregnancy and cause lots of worry! Glad you and Elsie-May are okay. I can imagine how scary that must of been. FX she stays in there till full term!! xx

Thats horrible hun! Glad everythings ok with LO x x x :hugs: and hopefully she won't scared you like that again! :( Sorry to hear about people in hospital!

Glad she is ok, and you're feeling better :hugs:
She will for sure be a little diva. LOL

Glad your feeling a little better now definitely try to get some rest. I had a somewhat similar experience with my hospital when I went in a while ago, sat in the waiting room for about 4 hours then when I did get back I never saw the doctor on call, I wasn't bleeding though just really dehydrated and having contractions so I can't imagine how horrible it was for you guys. :hugs:

Glad your feeling a little better now definitely try to get some rest. I had a somewhat similar experience with my hospital when I went in a while ago, sat in the waiting room for about 4 hours then when I did get back I never saw the doctor on call, I wasn't bleeding though just really dehydrated and having contractions so I can't imagine how horrible it was for you guys. :hugs:

It was horrible. We had no reassurance what so ever.. as far as we knew we were losing her :cry:
Luckily she's fine though, it's just me who's suffering. She's happily kicking away minding her own business! :dohh:
xx

That sounds like a horrible experience to have to go through, especially when the hospital staff were so unsympathetic :nope:. Anyway glad everything was ok in the end!

Shes a little drama queen already.
Silly moo.

Glad everything is okay, i get scared when i get braxton hicks at the best of times you must of been terrified with the bleeding :nope:

Bigs hugs :hugs:

Sending :hugs:.. You and poor OH must have been petrified!

Love the siggy btw, who made it?

What a scary few days!!! :hugs: Glad to hear she's still staying put for now at least! Just take it really easy and try to keep your feet up alot!

The feet have been up all day.. Even if i didnt want them to be! Lol.
Im being so fussed over by my parents and OH its weird lol.

Yeh Alice.. Silly moo puts it politely!! Was very scary.. Im pretty sure the bleeding is subsiding now.. But still getting BH's and the skelital pain :(

Lor: it was a lady in little-monster-designs.com .. She picked the request up really quick and did it really quick :thumbup:
Xx

Oh hun thats horribe... I had bleeding a few weeks ago and was terrified i was loosing my baby.. Its so scary being in the waiting room! , At least you no the reason for the bleed and your little girl is doing fine.. Im sure she will stay in full term but shes going to need a telling off for scaring you like that once shes out :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->