• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Been offered a 7 week scan. Do I take it?

MrsHTH

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
So I just had a call from the hospital saying that they have received my details from the GP and they are offering early scans to people with my due date as they are doing staff training. There will be a consultant there and it means I will get an extra scan. However it is this Friday and I haven't yet told work I am pregnant. I would have to tell them in order to get the time off. I can't call in sick or take holiday.
They also booked my 12 week scan in for me.
What would you do? Would you take the offer of a scan at 7 weeks? What can I realistically expect to see? I have been anxious up to this point so would love to go just to put my mind at rest but am a bit worried about work.

Thanks
H x

You will see a beautiful tiny baby, I would.

If it were my work, I would tell my boss or perhaps ask to "work at home".

Can you not say you have a "hospital appointment" without going into detail?

Thanks for replies. I think I would have to explain what the appointment was for. I have had a fair bit of sickness and doctors appointments recently. I just recovered from a chronic chest infection and I was at the doctors every other day, having to leave early etc.

Also the day of my 12 week scan is the day I get back from a 3 week holiday so I need to let them know about it in advance. I'm so nervous about telling them. My boss is a woman and she is notoriously unsympathetic about pregnancy. She has always said (jokingly, I think!) that if I ever get pregnant she will kill me!

I would have it. You should definitely see a heartbeat at 7 weeks.

Be warned though it looks nothing like a baby. Just a splodge with a flicker.

My twins looked like little babies at 7 weeks, this baby at 6 weeks looked like a blob with a flicker though, probably does just Depend on quality of scan and exact dates.

Mine was definitely just a splodge and a flicker and I was 7+1 and IVF so know my exact date.

It is an IVF scan machine though so doesn't zoom in a massive amount.

Crazy how scan machines vary so much!

I would take it. Could you just say you had a follow up appointment with the doctor? It's not really lying and if they check up on you then you can tell them if you need to.

Mine was definitely just a splodge and a flicker and I was 7+1 and IVF so know my exact date.

It is an IVF scan machine though so doesn't zoom in a massive amount.

Crazy how scan machines vary so much!

I know, with my first they used different machines for different accuracy. My second (which I lost ) was amazing clarity.

My twins were really clear I all their billions of scan lol.

This one the one in the first hospital was terrible, second was much better but they also did internals which might make a difference.

Mine were all internal! Looking forward to a abdominal for my 12 week! It'll feel so odd!!

x

I'd take it!! It'll feel a very long five weeks until your 12 week scan if you turn it down. I'd simply tell work it's a standard hospital/medical appointment, and it's a personal issue if they push for an explanation - you can simply say it's "gynaecological", they have no right to ask for specific medical details!! You can explain further at a later date, when you've told them about the pregnancy. And at 7 weeks, my baby Rosanna looked like a coffee bean with a flickering heartbeat :)

Good luck :hugs: xxxxxxxx

i'd take it so make sure that everything is ok with you + the baby! i suggest to be honest with your boss 'cause you will have to tell her soon anyway! i think that both could help you relieve some stress or anxiety! hope everything goes well :)

I'm having a scan at 7+2 (tomorrow). I'd do it. I'd bet you aren't obligated to tell tem what your appointment is. Just say you have an appointment and you may be late. Do you have to take the whole day off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->