Been to Doctors now off to Hospital

Little Monkey

Mother of 4
Reaction score
Just got back from the Doctors with Jessica.

She has had watery stools and today she has been bringing back a little bit of milk after each feed and also some clear liquid about an hour later.

Her temperature was 37.8 and because she had low temperature and blood sugars when she was born, the doctor wants her to be seen at the hospital. Just came home to get some things for her. I am hoping she will be ok and its nothing serious. I am so worried.

Will let you know what the hospital says, when we get back.

aww poor little thing, I hope she is better soon :hugs:

Poor little sweetheart, good luck at the hospital hope all is well:hug:

:hug: Hope she feels better soon. Let us know what they say

Hope everything's ok and she's better soon x

Hi

Well got home from hospital at 8pm.

When we got there they checked Jessicas temperature and it was back to normal. She was then seen by the doctor, who examined her and was happy everything seems normal and said that she wasnt too concerned as Jessica was feeding well and had loads of wet nappies and hadnt lost any weight etc.

Jessica was really good and slept throughout most of the examinations but she did decide that the sheet needed changing on the cot so when the doctor took her nappy off she soaked the sheet, then did it again when they tried to get a sample of the diahorrea, which went everywhere.

If she stops feeding or less wet nappies in the next 24 hours, we have to take her straight back to the hospital. Otherwise it should clear up on its own.

Part of me feels like I have wasted everyones time, but then again, I feel more relaxed and less worried. Also Jessica was weighted again and she is now 7lb 6oz (on friday she was 6lb 15½ oz) so she is gaining weight and hasnt lost any which is good.

Thank you for all your replies.

Glad that everything is ok. I hope it just clears up on its own for her, usually it does. :hugs:

Hi Little Monkey,
Please don't think that you are wasting anyones time. That's what they are there for! And rather be safe than sorry.
It must also be a relief knowing that little J has put on some weight!
Wishing her well.
M x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back