Behind Or Not ???

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
hi
Just wondering I have been on another few web sites for mother and babies and I am starting to get a bit worried, Declan is 8 months he started to sit by himself at 7 months but he is still a bit wobbly, he can crawl and is starting to pull himself up, but in these other sites babies are sitting by themselves as young as 3 1/2 months, crawling at 4 and starting to walk as soon as 7 1/2 months. So my question is do you think my Dec is behind in his development or normal?? I know it may sound silly and you should never compare kids development but these kids are so young.

He sounds like is fine to me! My daughter developed really early but my friends little boy didnt even roll over until 8months and he sat alone at 10 1/2months! He is 1year now and cant crawl but drags himself along the floor. Some babies are just lazy! Especially if there is an older brother or sister around that can fetch all those toys in the distance for them! x

My Lucy is 9 months on Saturday and can only just sit unaided, she cant crawl at all, and is no where near it! Im not bothered as I have learned from my previous daughter that they will do it when they are ready and the worst thing to do is compare.

My eldest, Rebecca who is 2.5, didnt crawl til nearly 1 year and walked at 15 months-very late, but when it comes to speech and understanding she could leave most kids standing.

Please dont worry, he will do it in his own time, he is still young xxx

Hmm i don't think he's behind at all in fact i would say he's doin really well, don't worry x x

Thanks everyone, this place is great even though I have only posted twice I got replies on both topics !!! yeah you are all great

our baby is seven and a half months old, is rolling over, but didn't start to crawl yet, neither she can sit up unaided!

she makes sit ups all the time, but I looks like her muscles still need to take some time to get strong enough to sit up!

although, I do not any kind of excercising with her in order to improve it, as I let herself explore her own body, and as well I believe if you do movements with them they aren't ready for, it might result in later physio problems!

so don't worry at all! let your LO do everything at it's own paste, this is best for him :hi:

you only would need to get worried about his development, if he e.g. wouldn't start to to make any attemps into this direction, e.g. like pulling himself up!

all the best :hi:

Walking at 7 and a half months !! Unusual in my opinion. Your baby sounds spot on!!:hugs:

hi
Just wondering I have been on another few web sites for mother and babies and I am starting to get a bit worried, Declan is 8 months he started to sit by himself at 7 months but he is still a bit wobbly, he can crawl and is starting to pull himself up, but in these other sites babies are sitting by themselves as young as 3 1/2 months, crawling at 4 and starting to walk as soon as 7 1/2 months. So my question is do you think my Dec is behind in his development or normal?? I know it may sound silly and you should never compare kids development but these kids are so young.

Sounds perfectly normal to me! Sam will be 4 months tomorrow and he's not even close to sitting unaided or crawling and neither are any of the other kids his age that I know! He can roll over and that's it at the moment :mrgreen: x

walking at 7 and a half months sound unusual to me as well. crawling i can see walking no. Your little boy sounds like he is doing brillaintly hun, kids do things at different times

honestly hun i wouldnt worry about it, all babies are different and do things at their own pace. Callum is 7mths and has only just started sitting up on his own and is nowhere near crawling yet.

Awwwwww everyone thank you I feel so much happier now, I thought he was fine for his age and now I know he is, I was worried when I read the other site and they were all like "yeah my baby is 3 1/2 months and trying to sit by himself" or " my little angel has started to walk and she is not yet 8 months.
Declan was 8 months on Sunday and I dont see him walking any time soon.
You ladies are great thanks for putting my mind to rest.:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"