behind?

ablaze

lucky mum of one of each!
Reaction score
anyone feel their child is behind? yes i know you shouldnt compare blah blah... but we do lol, its human nature! callum is a very lazy baby lol, he has just started holding his own bottle, he has no interest in feeding himself(cept finger foods) he can stand and move round furniture, and crawl(well butt shuffle lol) he can say ta, but not sure if he means it or not lol.

i kinda feel im babying him cos he is my last, i dont want him to grow up, i remember chloe being this wee wrinkly blueish white thing lol and that was over 2 years ago! now shell happily tell everyone on the bus that mummy just farted! :blush: (she loves to do this! even tho its lies lol) with chloe being ill this week ive been getting lots of cosies etc from her which is gr8 as she is a daddys girl, but she wants me :D

so do you think its possible to baby your child too much?

I think boys are generally lazy, Noah had a habbit of not doing something till he was made to. Like why bother holding my own cup when mummy will do it for me. If you give them no option they will do it. In terms of developing motor skills Noah was doing things at the right time. But my HV is sorting out him being assesed for possible autism due to the way he plays, the lack of speach development and general behavioural tendancies. Although she is hopefull that he is just being a bit behind cause he doesnt feel the need to speak (much like with learning everything else)

i know Coby is behond with his speach, he only says a couple of words, but then i know hes ahead with his pyshcial stuff, so im hoping he will even out as he gets older

x

Hi Yvanne,

I often wondered this with Rebecca-she was a 16 month walker-I mean people kept telling me girls are supposed to be quicke rthan boys-not all the time.

Its a cliché but they are all different, I kept reassuring myself that she was a slow walker but quicker at other things, in her case talking.

Rebecca like Callum is a lazy eater, but they are still so young! I dont think you are doing anything wrong, you're a fab mummy, and Callum will be ready to do these things in his own time.

I might get lynched (ha ha) but I want to keep my children, children for as long as possible. I think there's a rush for babies/kids to grow up too fast nowadays and I aint in agreement with it!

xx

i feel i wished chloes youth away lol, i was liek oh i cant wait for her 2 crawl/walk/talk :( an now she does it all im liek i want my baby back!! i think thts y im allowing callum to be so lazy!! broodiness dont help ha ha!!!

i wouldnt worry to much hun, just enjoy him, im sure he will do things in his own time, they all do things at diffrent rates but more of less catch up to each other in the end.

Charlie didnt walk untill she was 15 or 16 months, cant remember which, but as soon as she could she was running about everywhere, im sure Callum will do the same :)

x

Im in agreement with Kx here ...

I want my children to stay children as long as possible! ... Madeleine is growing up WAYYYYYYYYYYYY to fast for my liking!

This morning she came out with "hiya dada" Im like STOPPPPPPP growing up, your my baby!

I don't want her to walk yet - she wants to
I don't want her to feed heself - She does

Each child to there own, ella and kacy were walking by this point so i was wondering at 10mths... Y isn't maddie?? but you know what i like the fact she isn't!

I have only just got her to drink out of a hard drinking cup not a bottle with handles .... and TBH it was gut renching

Let them develop at there own pace ... nothing wrong with that hun

xxx

TBH Ella developing so quickly hasnt fazed me, I love to see her grow develop and do new things, and Im not sad she isnt a little baby anymore becuase she is now my beautiful little girl and I can communicate with her, which I love. I think it will be different with no.2 though, I think this is normal coz its all new to you first time round and you cant wait for the first time the crawl walk talk ect.

BUT at the same time, if Ella hadnt done these things so early, I wouldnt be bothered, and I know we all say it all the time but they all do different things at different times, thats what makes us individual.

I agree with Cat, if you dont give them the option they will do it how old is Callum now ???

Kai isn't saying any words really, but he does talk in his own language most of the day, and I am not going to get worried until he is around 2. Language can vary so much like walking, some babies walk at 9 months and others getting on for 18 months.

And sometimes I think going to websites makes it worse as you tend to overreact a bit. I was reading wikipedia about Autism and some of the things they should be doing at certain ages was a bit off as they all vary so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->