Beige CM! Freaking out!!

Oh_Clementine

Reaction score
I just went to the toilet and before I did anything I wiped, and I saw a small amount of CM with a beige tinge to it. I know everyone says "it's normal as long as it's not bright red or accompanied by cramping". But I'm so scared.

I'm 5 weeks 4 days and the last beta hCG levels or pregnancy test I had done was 4 weeks 2 days, so not a great reference point. I am so, so scared of something happening. It has taken DH and I almost 5 years to get to this point, and our only other pregnancy ended in miscarriage at the same point.

My ultrasound isn't scheduled until 8 weeks, so quite a while to wait.

My heart is in my throat.

Oh hon, I'm sorry it's making you worry. Spotting and even light bleeding is actually fairly common in early pregnancy, about 1/5 women. Will be thinking of you. :hugs:

I had a fair amount of spotting for about 24 hours after BD at 5 weeks. Also that type of spotting is normal around expected AF. I can only imagine how you feel having gone through a miscarriage! You can try taking another HPT or calling your Doc to ask for repeat beta? Lay down and do nothing for the day. Just rest and take care of yourself!

Thanks :( I've just had a big cry after going to wipe again and the tiniest amount seems pink/brown tinged. This is bringing back memories of last time. We have not BD since ovulation, nor have I done anything strenuous recently. I just have an awful feeling.

No point taking any HPTs because the last one I took was 16DPO before my beta. It's 4am on Sunday and the clinic won't open until 9am Monday, so even if they sent me for betas I wouldn't get them until late Monday afternoon and then have to go again 48 hours later to know if levels are where they should be.

I had brown spotting at the same stage in this pregnancy (between week 5-6). I was convinced it was a miscarriage, as I've never had any sort of spotting in my two viable pregnancies. But, nope. Everything was fine. I was also cramping strongly before, during, and after the spotting incident. However, my pregnancy has progressed with no issues, and I'm now 29 weeks along. :)

Thanks, that is slightly reassuring.

I have not had anything more than the 2 times I wiped and wrote about, but my cervix is still very low and firm. I'd been checking it every day/every couple of days and since before my BFP it has been very high, soft and tightly closed... and now it's not.

DH and I no longer have a good feeling about this pregnancy, which is horrible. We want this baby more than anything. :(

Clementine, I'm so sorry my dear. I hope that the little bean is sticky and keeps growing despite you being ready for the worst. Your scan is ways off, will they do a repeat beta for you?

When I had my second (and last) beta I asked the nurse if they were going to continue testing and she said no. I'll call them tomorrow morning and ask though. Bit hard to say what could happen with the next draw, so it'd be a waiting game.

Waiting is nerve wrecking. I hope they do another beta for you and quickly.!

Can you try go to an epu in the morning and get an early emergency scan? Might just put your mind at ease. Sorry you're going through this. Xx

Can you try go to an epu in the morning and get an early emergency scan? Might just put your mind at ease. Sorry you're going through this. Xx

Hi! We don't have an EPU here, and unless the bleeding is red or very painful emergency don't tend to give you an ultrasound and even then it's on an old machine which is abdominal only.

I thankfully haven't had any more when wiping, it was only a tiny amount two times that you'd see if you were really looking for it. Doesn't stop the worries though.

edit: I just went and checked my cervix, it seems higher, yet still firmish. I pulled out my finger and wiped and this came out - it's exactly what I had those other times when I wiped. It is a true beige colour!

https://i67.tinypic.com/5krgwg.jpg

Am I overreacting? Would you be concerned with this? I'm just deathly scared of something going wrong and have been SO calm for over a week and this really freaked me out.

No one can take your worry i know that. But there is more reason to believe that everything is fine than there is reason to think otherwise :hugs:

I had painless spotting that evolved into bright red fresh bleeding when i was 6 weeks along. Obviously i was so scared and sure it was over - but it turned out to be a hematoma and after a week of taking it slow and resting lots it was a lot smaller and never caused any problem again.
I'm 30 weeks tomorrow and baby girl is doing perfectly.

If there was only that slight tinge then it's looking really good :) but definitely try to get checked out to get some peace of mind :hugs:

That looks more like cervical mucous than spotting to me. I had heavy discharge in first trimester which is normal. Your cervical mucous is a lot more to protect from infection. I don't even see it being tinged with anything resembling blood.

I've had loads of cervical mucus that colour too, I wouldn't be worried if that's all you're having xxxxxx

It's definitely CM, I just had a major freak out over the fact it looked the way it did right before AF does. It changed to a brown based hue rather than white or even yellow/green (but not really green!)

You ladies are very reassuring. The clinic opens in another 30 mins so I'll call them for a pathology request for some betas just in case.

At 4 weeks 2 days they were 126... Or 129? Today I am 5 weeks 5 days and if levels have been rising like they should from last beta I should be around the 4000 mark. Does that sound right?

That looks like regular CM/discharge to me too. My spotting was truly brownish (tan) and looked a bit like older blood. What's in your picture just appears to be within the completely normal realm of CM colors.

Try not to worry. :hugs:

(I'd also try to take a break from checking your cervix. At this point, so much interference can do more harm than good. I really think you're okay.)

Thanks! Had my blood drawn about an hour ago, will get the results by 4pm AEST. Fingers crossed they look ok and are enough to reassure DH and I.

I'm glad the hospital did your bloods. Fingers crossed your bean is getting stronger by the minute! Can't wait to hear your results!

That type of CM was one of the first things that alerted me to being preggo. I think after a loss though reassurance is a must so hopefully beta gives you that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->