Being A Minnie Mommie Number 2

That's my main issue too hun, I have an enormous phobia of our child having an outside influence. We are a "nuclear family" - as in there's me and my wife and our daughter. I don't want there to be me and my wife and our daughter and our daughters donor and our daughters donors other kids etc etc. Or a custody battle :| You can write up legal papers to stop the donor having any involvement but basically if the donor did decide they wanted involvement, whether or not they had waived their rights, it would still be within their rights to seek involvement in the childs life after they turn 18. That scares the living pants off of me :lol: If we wanted involvement from the donor we would've chosen to coparent, not used a donor.

Anyway - we used 10ml syringes and sterile specimen cups from the Drs :lol: That's all you need really!

Thank you i know what you mean, even though we went through a clinic Lacey can still go find out about her donnor when she is older if she wanted and the same with charlotte donating her eggs we can have other children coming to us!!!! scary!!!!

i think i will do some research and ask some more questions and maybe stalk a few thread somewhere

There are a lot of threads on here that have couples who are ttc using ai at home :)

Hey! Don't know if you have checked out this thread in assisted conception. Might help you a bit or answer some of your questions.

https://www.babyandbump.com/assiste...onsidering-home-insemination-donor-sperm.html

Lacey is gorgeous by the way!

Hi, just read your posts. We did at home ai with known donor so any advice needed post me. Im currently 18 weeks preg with first baby so it worked for us.

I saw in one of your posts a photo, it looks like youve got a quinny buzz pram. Ive been looking into travel systems for a while now and am considering the quinny buzz. Is it any good. Any advice?

Thanks x

Hi, just read your posts. We did at home ai with known donor so any advice needed post me. Im currently 18 weeks preg with first baby so it worked for us.

I saw in one of your posts a photo, it looks like youve got a quinny buzz pram. Ive been looking into travel systems for a while now and am considering the quinny buzz. Is it any good. Any advice?

Thanks x

Hi thank you !!!

I love my Quinny, i did have the mothercare spin to begin with but Lacey grew out of it really quickly, i wanted a bugaboo donkey but could nto afford it if honest. the quinny is good but quite bulky if you need to put it in a boot of a car as i dont drive never had to do this.

Hi there,

So nice to read your experiences! Lacey is gorgeous xx

:cry::cry:

Well i am not quite sure where the nice Lacey has gone but its like overnight she has turned into the demon child from hell aaarrrrggggghhhhhh

If you say no!, dont give her the right drink!, dont give her the right attention she screams and stamps her feet, if honest it was funny to begin with but it is just embrassing now

Charlotte took her to one of those wiggle and giggle sessions at our local libary and Charlotte said she pushed a boy who took a book of her, screamed at a baby who was crying and chucked her cup on the floor cause she had finsihed her drink then she would NOT sit and sing and wanted to get up and walk around. :nope::nope:

Charlotte said it was really embrassing :blush: and she felt like she had failed..... when she ran i told her not to worry but bu the time i got home i think charlotte had, had 2 nose bleeds and was ready to burst so i shoved laceys coat on and let her walk about in the drive while charlotte had a brew in peace.

After bath time and story time i was shattered and had only been home 2 hours, Lacey decided she did not want me to put her to bed and was chucking herself about and screaming which then made charlotte come in the room and see if she was all right which made it worse.

Me and charlotte then had an arguement becuase i was trying to sort her and am capable of getting her ready for bed even if she was chucking a wobbler and charlotte kept on putting her arms out, so lacey would go to her then not come and get ready to the point i shouted and told charlotte to go out of the room.

I dont think bed time could of come any quicker by the time i had calmed Lacey down i was shattered :sleep:

On a wednesday i go to the gym and by the time i got home, Charlotte was asleep on top of the bed bless her, Lacey was snoring away and it was quite.

After all that i think was i am trying to get accross is that it is really hard being the other mum sometimes, because the baby does not want us all the time becuase we are not there (primary care giver thing) as much as the other mummy and finding that balance can be really hard and stressful on relationships.

I think we need to sit down and discuss some rules about not taking over and at least giving me a chance to do stuff even if Laceydoes not want it!!!1

With help from friends found the following site https://prideangel.com/ xxxxx

Well the hunt is on for sperm now!!!

Let the auditions begin :wacko:, bit confusing but i think we will get there in the end, have been talking to a few but it is trying to find the gems out the stuck between the crap!!!

:happydance:

Hi everybody not sure if anyone reading this anymore since the move accross but going to keep it up!!!

Well the normal family stuff has been happening, teething, lack of sleep, Lacey chucking paddies and getting a little madam!!!!!

I think for the last 4 nights she has woken up at 12am, 2am, 5am and then wake up time at 6am ahhhhhh talk about lack of sleep :sleep:

We are still discussing what to do about Baby number 2 becuase with everything going on its really hard to get anything moving, not having anything realistic sent back about donors, so not sure what to do have looked into another clinic in manchester to maybe try IUI with donnor sperm but then we also have our embryo in darlington to consider, i know it sounds weird but i think we may have to at least save up and try with this one first.

On a happy note looking forward to our first easter, not got lacey hardly any easter eggs as i think it is stupid how many some kids get.

We have got her a DVD, T-Shirt, Easter egg, she has a massive bunny rabbit teddy that i am going to sit on the fireplace with her easter basket and have family time trip to the field with the dogs, family dinner, play session in garden can nto wait xxxxxx

(p.s. laceys new trick going head first down the slide) :nope:

Will upload soem pics of the day, i have got to make an easter bonnet though ahhhhh

Here to a hoppy easter

https://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k608/wilckar/Bunny20hop1.jpg

So cute! Sounds like she's got loads of lovely easter stuff. she never get through much chocolate on her own anyway. It would end up with grown-ups having to finish it off :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->