being cut

Tink1o5

Mom of 3
Reaction score
I know some women have to get cut down there when giving birth, i was wondering do they notice the pain from that.. and if yes how bad is it???? And do you feel it bad when your being sown back up

I wasn't cut, but I tore.. didn't notice when that happened. I was a big wimp being sewn back up though - I had gas and air (think I just wanted MORE!). x

I was cut with Emily and had slight tear with Jack, neither of them hurt as such
its the healing that stings more!!!

if you have an epidural im quite sure that you can feel the cuts and tears and being sewn up. im not sure if u dont if they give you something if you do tear
and then need to stitch you up. either way the whole thing is probably painful so whats a little more pain hey

Yes :blush: lol

I didn't have an epidural, but I think with all the pain from the birth, I didn't really notice the tearing anyway. And yes, the healing is a LOT more painful. :(

hey, if your asking pregnancy related questions or post natal can u maybe put them in a more appropriate section! you will get more replies :D

have moved this for you :D

I was cut with callum and didnt feel a thing when i was being sewn up, i'd had an epidural tho so was numb.

Tea tree oil is great for healing it up tho, mine was pretty much healed after 2 weeks.

i had gas and air when i was giving birth i had an episiotomy, didnt feel them cut me or stitch me back up....

Didn't feel the episiotomy, nor the sewing up with DD1 but got a play by play of the stiching up from my mother (who's a retired OB nurse).

:dohh:

I wish I had not had one, and I will not have one with this child. The research I have done maintains that to tear is ultimately much less invasive and problematic than a cut.

I always liked this analogy:

Think of the episiotomy this way: if you hold a piece of cloth at two corners and attempt to tear it by pulling at the two ends, it will rarely rip. However, if a small cut is made in the center, then pulling at the ends easily rips the cloth. Doing an episiotomy is analogous, and sometimes results in tears that extend into the rectum. Physicians argue that this "clean" tear is more easily repaired than the ragged one that occurs when a woman tears without the cut. My experience has been that the small tears that sometimes occur without episiotomy are easy to stitch and less bothersome to the woman. Episiotomies, once repaired, are often debilitating and are the source of much pain in the postpartum period.

-Harrison 1982:97

You can google "episiotomy or tear" and you'll find a whole mess of research to read through.

Here's just one:
https://www.midwifeinfo.com/content/view/82/45/

I didn't have a cut but suffered a 3rd degree tear and didn't even notice, didn't hurt being sown back up either, just lost feelings in my legs for a few hours after

I was told I was going to be cut with my first (just before she did it) :shock: I paniced like hell but it couldn't have been that bad as I don't remember it. x

I was cut didnt feel it and didn't hurt being sown back up think i was high on gas and air lol.

I tore down below and have stitches as well. I specifically asked not to be cut though as I did not want an episiotomy. The stitching back up was fine for me, no pain at all and in fact it is only a few days later that the pain really kicks in. But it is bearable.

I wasn't cut, but I tore.. didn't notice when that happened. I was a big wimp being sewn back up though - I had gas and air (think I just wanted MORE!). x

i was cut 2 n tore. i asked 4 the gas n air back 2. it wasnt even sore i just wanted it bk 2. ahhh its so gud lol:happydance::blush:

I was cut and I felt it. I felt it so much that I booted the midwives away from me lol gawd I feel bad now lol They are meant to give you an injection of local anesthitic (or however you spell that...) and another injection when your getin stitched. I didnt feel getin stitched, had gas and air and fell asleep lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->