Being in the hospital at Thanksgiving...bleh.

Honeypot

Hubby, baby tater, and I
Reaction score
Has anyone had or heard of a doctor letting their patient go past their due date when they have gestational diabetes?

I'm due on Friday, gotta go back to the doctor that day for another NST, cervix check, and wants to give me the nitty gritty about induction because she is wanting to do it on Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Well, I'm kind of depressed that I'm going to be in the hospital during Thanksgiving. I was really looking forward to being at home with my new LO and going and having Thanksgiving lunch with the family.

My nurse did say that if I really wanted it over with that they could probably take me in on Sunday night and do it Sunday/Monday, so a day ahead.

I'm also kind of freaked out about the induction because I know many of them result in csection...and doctor had already suggested csection but I wanted to try for a regular delivery first.

Do you think it is at all possible that I can be asked not to be induced until NEXT Friday, after Thanksgiving. That seems to be the one thing that is bumming me out, is spending a holiday in a hospital. I don't want to be there unless I'm dying lol.

I don't hava GD so i'm not sure. but don't just assume that if you are induced you will end up with a c-section. I was induced with my first and had a completely natural birth.

Ask them to give you the gel first. that should soften your cervix and in my case was mroe than enough to get me started. Only if that doesn't work then they can give you pitocin. If they give you just the gel you will be totally mobile!

If you know you are going to be induced on monday night, you might as well agree to be induced sunday night.

Being induced is not ideal and i also wanted to avoid it, but it really isn't that bad! i had a 9:30hr labor with my first. was long but manageable for most of the time. You will be fine!and by monday night or tuesday morning you'll be out of there.

When is thanksgiving?xxx

I don't hava GD so i'm not sure. but don't just assume that if you are induced you will end up with a c-section. I was induced with my first and had a completely natural birth.

Ask them to give you the gel first. that should soften your cervix and in my case was mroe than enough to get me started. Only if that doesn't work then they can give you pitocin. If they give you just the gel you will be totally mobile!

If you know you are going to be induced on monday night, you might as well agree to be induced sunday night.

Being induced is not ideal and i also wanted to avoid it, but it really isn't that bad! i had a 9:30hr labor with my first. was long but manageable for most of the time. You will be fine!and by monday night or tuesday morning you'll be out of there.

When is thanksgiving?xxx

I'm so glad someone responded!! lol. I just need to talk to someone. DH don't know what to say or anything (course how would he lol). Doctor had first brought up a csection because at my 36 week appointment, I had a growth scan and he was an estimated weight of 7 pounds and 10 ounces. But, I really wanted to try a regular delivery first because the husband and I want quite a few children, and I know that a lot of them once you have csection, you have to have csections from now on because of the risk of uterine rupture (I think thats what it is).

My doctor wanted to do Monday night/Tuesday because she would be on call Tuesday and she wanted to deliver the baby...Sunday night/Monday, she wouldn't be there....but having my OWN doctor there doesn't really bother me. If you can take this baby out of me, I'm good lol. We are suppose to stay at LEAST 48 hours after the delivery of the child.

So, if I didn't give birth until Tuesday afternoon/night, we wouldn't be getting out until Thursday night. Thursday is Thanksgiving. So, if I went in Sunday night to get induced, and I was able to have him naturally, then I'd be out by Wednesday afternoon/night at the latest. Csections we gotta stay an extra day...so I'd still be in there if I had to have a csection. Unless I bribe them to let me out lol.

Don't let them talk you into a c section just because it suits them better... your baby will be the perfect size for your body, you gotta think like that.

Then if you don't bother too much if it is your dr or not go in on sunday. that way you'll be home for thanksgiving ;)

you will have a normal delivery! fingers crossed!!!xxx

Don't let them talk you into a c section just because it suits them better... your baby will be the perfect size for your body, you gotta think like that.

Then if you don't bother too much if it is your dr or not go in on sunday. that way you'll be home for thanksgiving ;)

you will have a normal delivery! fingers crossed!!!xxx

Thank you so much! I have all this negativity going on in my head (as I don't have the best track record of things working out for the way I want lol) and it helps to hear someone say that. And even if it doesn't turn out normal...that's okay. I at least wanted a chance to do this on my own.

And I keep telling myself the baby will be perfect sixe for me to deliver. I was 7 pounds and 13 ounces...my brother on the other hand was 9 pounds and 9 ounces lol and mom had him naturally with Demoral (I think thats what it is called).

I feel bad for my doctor in a way, like I'm responsible for her feelings lol. Cause she's been taking care of me and now I'm like screw it, I don't care if you are the one who takes this out of me lol. I just keep telling myself I need to put myself first and not anyone else...I'm the one who has to get the kid out, not her lol.

Thank you again. You've been helpful =)

I would take the earlier option hun :) I was 9lb 12oz when I was born and had to be dragged out by C-Section in the end as I got stuck as my Mum was fairly small. They do often let you have a natural birth after 1 CS but after 2 it's unlikely (my bro was also CS as he was transverse and after that they wouldn't let her risk a natural delivery for my 2 younger sisters).

Anyway my point is that if the baby is slightly smaller rather than larger then I think your chances of natural birth are better so I wouldn't worry about that. There's a reason they want you to deliver early when you have GD so you should bear that in mind too :hugs:

Thank you Kate! I remember thinking that but it keeps slipping my mind, lol. It's just too much information to hold and remember. Ever since my 36 week appointment, the doctor will feel around on my stomach for the baby and she always says "I still think he's not over 8 pounds". I told her that I was going to be super pissed at her if he turns out 9 pounds LOL. I'm thinking about just saying lets do this on Sunday night. I feel bad for her not going to be the one delivering it (but like I said that don't bother me), and I have a better chance of getting out before Thanksgiving if we do that as well. So, I'm more up for it than waiting another day.

Thank you Kate! I remember thinking that but it keeps slipping my mind, lol. It's just too much information to hold and remember. Ever since my 36 week appointment, the doctor will feel around on my stomach for the baby and she always says "I still think he's not over 8 pounds". I told her that I was going to be super pissed at her if he turns out 9 pounds LOL. I'm thinking about just saying lets do this on Sunday night. I feel bad for her not going to be the one delivering it (but like I said that don't bother me), and I have a better chance of getting out before Thanksgiving if we do that as well. So, I'm more up for it than waiting another day.

Yey for Sunday!! And have some really hot curry and then some sex on Sat night :winkwink: Can't hurt - right?

Yey for Sunday!! And have some really hot curry and then some sex on Sat night :winkwink: Can't hurt - right?

LOL!!!! Yes ma'am! I've heard orgasms could help as well...so, yesterday morning I had some time to myself since husband went to work.....:blush: yeah lol. And then last night the DH and I had sex...thinking maybe that would help...no lol. I woke up this morning feeling real stiff like back pain and then for about an hour after waking up I just had this feeling of like I was going to be sick, but that was about it lol.
And I asked the husband to pick up dinner at Wendy's for tonight...something spicy lol. So I'm thinking a yummy chicken sandwich...and sex tonight again bahahaha. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->