being pregnant and lazy

I love the fact that I'm sitting here reading this and my wonderful hubby (or should I say 'man-slave') Just bought me through a cup of coffee (although don't call me a bad mummy for still drinking caffine :-o!!! lol)

I'm not going to lie, I had it pretty easy first tri. No MS, just a bit tired and apart from a suspected appendicitis this tri, again it's been pretty easy.

But at the end of the day I am pregnant. I'm not going to carry on my days exactly the same as I did back in March. Some would call me lazy as I live a 20min walk from home, yet my mum picks me up from work a couple of days a week and takes me home (yes I'm 24 and married and mummy is still my taxi) But I would call it people looking out for me. When I do try and do 'normal' things I usually get an earful from my mum or hubby.

The other day was the first time I'd used the hoover since getting pregnant (hubby has been doing it...I'm not a total skank who hasn't hoovered her flat for 6months!) OH's opinion is that he's there to spoil me and take care of me, even though he works bloody hard. We're realistic in that although we'll share things equally when bubs is here, a lot of the hard work, especially for the first year will be me, I know I wouldnt expect him to do the housework like he does now when Im on maternity leave.

We're pregnant for goodness sake, yes most of us know we aren't ill (not including the poor ladies who havent had it as easy)and yes I still do things like housework and work full time But if you can't call in a few favours when you're baking a baby...well I don't know when you can!!!

xx

Sweet. I wish my mom did that for me.

And you know what? Floor care is a blue job. I haven't swept or vacuumed in years.

Hubby and I seem to have things arse about face! He does the cooking, cleans the kitchen, does the laundry, and the garden etc.

I am responsible for hoovering (although he does chip in and do this too), Dusting (Oh yeah he does a lot of this too), cleaning the bathroom (Nah he never does that!) and changing the bed (I have more hope of making my ass small than him doing that!)

You know what, this thread has really shown me how great a lot of OHs are which is a refreshing change from the more frequent moaning about OHs on this forum. I'm really glad so many of us have such kind and caring partners.

Hubby and I seem to have things arse about face! He does the cooking, cleans the kitchen, does the laundry, and the garden etc.

I am responsible for hoovering (although he does chip in and do this too), Dusting (Oh yeah he does a lot of this too), cleaning the bathroom (Nah he never does that!) and changing the bed (I have more hope of making my ass small than him doing that!)

DH changed the sheets the other day. First time in 9 years I've seen him change the sheets. Funny though - he put on a pair from the dryer that had been sitting in the washer too long...gross.

Also he's been doing the bathrooms (used to be my job...that's good manservant) but it's oddly driving me mad. Every time he does it I really wish he'd just STOP. It pisses me right off. WTF?

Not that I'm going to do it, what with my condition and all.

You know what, this thread has really shown me how great a lot of OHs are which is a refreshing change from the more frequent moaning about OHs on this forum. I'm really glad so many of us have such kind and caring partners.

You say kind and caring, I say obedient and fearful. But really...clearly we're lucky. Some of the ladies on this forum have plenty to moan about. Uh...in both good and bad ways. ;)

I know I'm quite lucky in my OHman-slave. Its nice to hear I'm not the only one so I don't have to feel guilty anymore ;)
Heck, my man-slave has apparently be slacking off compared to some others. I can't REMEMBER the last time he hoovered or changed the sheets (though he'll have to do that soon since the stretching hurts!).

I won't admit how often our carpet actually gets hoovered though, lol... even though its all on me, I have to say I don't do it nearly often enough.
I'm just hoping my FIL who owns the house we rent from him will tear out the nasty 20 year old carpet and put in hard floors... much easier to keep clean from animal poop and puke.

i decided against tesco. DH is going to the shops first thing to get bread for DD's and my brekkie...

and he's just peeled a load of potatoes and made homemade chips for me.... with ketchup AND mayo to dip in :D

Yes, for all the ranting, my OH is as good as gold. I just have to have something/someone to poke fun at whilst I'm off work.

I know I'm quite lucky in my OHman-slave. Its nice to hear I'm not the only one so I don't have to feel guilty anymore ;)
Heck, my man-slave has apparently be slacking off compared to some others. I can't REMEMBER the last time he hoovered or changed the sheets (though he'll have to do that soon since the stretching hurts!).

I won't admit how often our carpet actually gets hoovered though, lol... even though its all on me, I have to say I don't do it nearly often enough.
I'm just hoping my FIL who owns the house we rent from him will tear out the nasty 20 year old carpet and put in hard floors... much easier to keep clean from animal poop and puke.

If it were up to me, vacuuming would never get done. Even though it's my hair and my cat's hair that causes all the mess. And I mean, pregnant or not...

If it were up to me, vacuuming would never get done. Even though it's my hair and my cat's hair that causes all the mess.

but see, you only keep your hair to look pretty for him.. therefore he should clean it up.

I want the new one that mops floors! (I think its called Mint?) Then I need all hard floors and cats that won't attack the dang thing when I'm not home.

Unless I can get a roomba for cheap and learn to pick up all the non-vacuumables we drop on the floor daily, not sure its going to be worth it.
I just don't think roombas would do as good a job as my dyson either.

You click a button at the top and it vacuums on its own. Then if you have a pet, they can "help you vacuum.

https://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/funny-dog-pictures-segway-roomba-chihuahua.jpg

If it were up to me, vacuuming would never get done. Even though it's my hair and my cat's hair that causes all the mess.

but see, you only keep your hair to look pretty for him.. therefore he should clean it up.

That's very true - he's one of those long hair obsessed dudes. Which is good because I'm too lazy for a haircut. I've lived in this city for 3 years, and still go back to my hairdresser in my home town. Occasionally. Last time was Christmas.

I want the new one that mops floors! (I think its called Mint?) Then I need all hard floors and cats that won't attack the dang thing when I'm not home.

Unless I can get a roomba for cheap and learn to pick up all the non-vacuumables we drop on the floor daily, not sure its going to be worth it.
I just don't think roombas would do as good a job as my dyson either.

Mint eh? I gotta get updated!

True, Roomba won't do as good a job as a Dyson (not that I have one of those babies), but it sure does a better job than DH's "2 minute a room" vacuuming. And if you use it every other day, it picks up a lot. :thumbup: (plus, then you can demand a massage since you did the vacuuming)

Ive wanted to get one of those internet-remote controlled robot camera things to terrorize the cats when we're not home.. I think they're like $200... a bit pricey for teasing the cats.

You know you can get slippers that have dusters attached underneath? great for wood flooring ;-)

Do they do baby grows with those attached at the knees... they could clean the floor as they learn to crawl!

I do everything i did before, i am a full time student in my 2nd year of my degree, i still do the nursery run before n after, my partner does the school run as i cant be in 2 places at once, i get home n run about picking up after my 3 kids, do dinner etc etc etc and when they finaly go to sleep i get my homework/studying done ready to start it all again the next day lol and i wouldn't expect it to be any different, i worked right through my last pregnancy's b4 i started my degree, i will admit though i will most likely be laid up at the end of my pregnancy i was wih my last one as the left side of my pelvis moved n i couldn't even bare any weight on my left leg never mind walk, though i dont plan to move any heavy furniture this time lmao think i learned my lesson lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->