• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Being stared at!!

sandilion

Reaction score
Is anyone else here finding they are being gawked at by people and finding it really annoying and uncomfortable?

I am becoming rather self conscious with the way i look, this is my first pregnancy and i have really popped out as of late and some people are just staring at me, at work etc. Also some of the neighbors in our court just stare at me as if they have never seen a pregnant lady before... and some of them are women with kids of their own.

Our neighbors have never been very friendly, in fact we're surrounded by some real idiots and i am not looking forward to dealing with them with their loud blasting music all night long once our bub is here.

I am finding being stared at hard to deal with and finding myself giving people dirty looks for it. Anyone else dealing with this? Anyone else bothered by it or are you all finding this easy to ignore?

There is a man at my work that has always been really creepy pervy and now he is even worse since i am obviously pregnant and i am finding myself wanting to kick him in the face!! Of course i wont, but he is making me feel so angry!!!

Do i need to chill out maybe? :haha:

I find people are starting to give me funny looks when I walk down the street. I look young, maybe 17 or 18, but I'll be 23 in about 3 weeks :/ I think people just assume I'm a teen mum :shrug:

I just ignore the looks as best I can and hold my head high. Try not to lower yourself to their level (I know it's hard when you're angry). But instead of giving them dirty looks, try smiling at them. If you're being sweet they have no reason to be nasty and you can feel like the bigger person when they ARE nasty.

XxX

With people i like i don't care if they stare at all, it's just complete strangers or people who are rude (like the neighbors)

I hope this insecurity passes as i settle in my pregnant body.

I admit, I'm a starer! I love seeing pregnant ladies, and always look at the bump. It never occurred to me that people might feel self conscious. I'm currently just looking fat rather than pregnant, but last time round I loved the attention! Maybe try a smile rather than a dirty look, and you'll probably find they smile back.

This is happening to me too and it's really starting to annoy me!!
We're on holiday at the minute and I've noticed quite a few people looking when we go into the restaurant for lunch or tea! I don't even take my top off round the pool as I'm feeling too self conscious!!! :cry: Xx

I don´t think people realise they are offending you. I have to admit I always stare at pregnant ladies because I think it is a beatiful and amazing thing. But yes it does feel like everyone is staring at me aswell. Try to think of it as a positive thing. xx

I find people are starting to give me funny looks when I walk down the street. I look young, maybe 17 or 18, but I'll be 23 in about 3 weeks :/ I think people just assume I'm a teen mum

I second this. I actually had a man tell me "This will change your life in a big way". I was like, :saywhat:. I'm 22, married and in my own home. I'm well aware a baby will change my life in a big way. :wacko:

I find myself starting at pregnant ladies but I always smile :D at them. I've gotten a few smiling ladies (which I don't mind). What I hate is the old people who shake their head or the people who's eyes almost bug out. Just try to grin and bear it, it's what I'm doing. Sometimes if I think it's bothering them, I'll rub my belly too. :rofl:

I use crutches and yesterday i was sat on a bench in town having a rest while my Husband popped to his parents to feed their dog.
Soo many people just stared at me because of the crutches AND my big preggo belly, it makes you feel like a freak. The little kids were walking past and then stopped and stood and stared (great for the parents not to make them move along), i felt crappy but the kiddies i can forgive, but when the adults do that it makes you feel on display, i was ready to turn around and ask them what the hell they were staring at but resisted and sat there and mumbled to myself instead. I don't mind if someone looks at my tummy and then smiles at me as i do that with pregnant ladies and they always smile back after checking my tummy out lol, but when someone just gawps and stares at you then it is rude and i think we should be allowed to poke them in the eyes. or in my case 'accidentally' hit them with my crutches hehe.

I don´t think people realise they are offending you. I have to admit I always stare at pregnant ladies because I think it is a beatiful and amazing thing. But yes it does feel like everyone is staring at me aswell. Try to think of it as a positive thing. xx

I'm like this too - I always look at pregnant ladies' bumps, I'm usually trying to figure out how far along they look, what are they wearing (making mental notes), looking to see if she needs help with anything, etc. I don't think twice when people look at my bump, which they do when I am wearing my belted trenchcoat because it makes me really look pregnant. I'm proud of it and when I catch people looking I always smile at them to let them know I see them looking. Blokes have been really lovely about it but I find it's the women who seem to be bothered when I notice them looking. Ladies with young babies themselves have been really nice about everything, it tends to be the 50+ ladies who give me the willies lately and I make sure to give them an extra-wide grin ;)

Oh dear I might be one of them. Whenever I see a lady with a big tum I always look and flash a smile - I never stare or gawk as it were - I just love bumpsies!! I want one!! x

I'm getting this and i had this happen to me yesterday whilst shopping. I find it particularlly older people. I look really young for my age, even though i am 27 and I'm a married woman, you should have seen the looks i got! One woman stared at my bump and tutted!! How blooming rude!! i started back at her and flashed my left hand at her she got a bit embarrassed and i couldn't help myself but say out loud "Don't judge a book by its cover!" Grrr people annoy me! (Not that theres anything wrong with having babies without being married just to clear that up before i get hate messages lol!)

I HATE it!!! Everbody and their brother is looking at my ENORMOUS bump, they dont try to hide it either, they look at my bump them my face I hate it sooooo much!

I think it's more of a case off, oo there's a baby in there! I look at pregnant ladies too for that reason.

I get stared at.. but because ppl think im carrying the spawn of satan. I have multiples piercings and tattoos (including on my face... all very tasteful and actually cute). I was blonde for a while.. then just last week i went blue cuz we finally found out were having a boy. People look at me like im a worthless piece of scrap who do0nesnt know anything about anything.. especially children. What they dont know is Im 23, Im married, own my own home, 3 cars, have a great income, and I enjoy expressing myself and so does my DH. I get a giggle out of the old ladies sometimes, but most of the time it REALLY pisses me off. Its like yes, i kinow i have blue hair and a huge belly... but must u give me dirty looks and come up to me and say YOU DONT DESERVE THAT BABY!? None of these ppl even know that my first son died at 34 weeks.. and to say things like that to someone whos only dream and goal is to successfully caryr this child is so rude and hurtful its UNREAL. I do however randomly get ppl who realize im just an excentric with my own style and wave-length of mind and are so kind to me.. including old ladies lol. I even got hit on by some walmart employee the other day as i was picking out gifts for my 3 nephews ( the guys could clearly see the rings i was flashing in his face plus my HUGE belly but that didnt seme to bother him hahahaha). I just try to gage the situation. If theyre just looking theyre probably interested or like wow.. if theyre giving me dirty loks I shoot some evil looks their way and they never look at me again in fear of being cursed hahaha. And Im pleasant to all pleasant ppl, and even try to be pleasant to those who arent...depending on how raging my hormones are that day lol.

It's been happening to me for a few weeks now. But not in a good way. I just find lots of older people staring as I walk past with a horrible glare on their face. It's so rude! Nobody has smiled at me, it seems like I'm offending people with my bump!

I get stared at.. but because ppl think im carrying the spawn of satan. I have multiples piercings and tattoos (including on my face... all very tasteful and actually cute). I was blonde for a while.. then just last week i went blue cuz we finally found out were having a boy. People look at me like im a worthless piece of scrap who do0nesnt know anything about anything.. especially children. What they dont know is Im 23, Im married, own my own home, 3 cars, have a great income, and I enjoy expressing myself and so does my DH. I get a giggle out of the old ladies sometimes, but most of the time it REALLY pisses me off. Its like yes, i kinow i have blue hair and a huge belly... but must u give me dirty looks and come up to me and say YOU DONT DESERVE THAT BABY!? None of these ppl even know that my first son died at 34 weeks.. and to say things like that to someone whos only dream and goal is to successfully caryr this child is so rude and hurtful its UNREAL. I do however randomly get ppl who realize im just an excentric with my own style and wave-length of mind and are so kind to me.. including old ladies lol. I even got hit on by some walmart employee the other day as i was picking out gifts for my 3 nephews ( the guys could clearly see the rings i was flashing in his face plus my HUGE belly but that didnt seme to bother him hahahaha). I just try to gage the situation. If theyre just looking theyre probably interested or like wow.. if theyre giving me dirty loks I shoot some evil looks their way and they never look at me again in fear of being cursed hahaha. And Im pleasant to all pleasant ppl, and even try to be pleasant to those who arent...depending on how raging my hormones are that day lol.

Yay for you being YOU! :hugs: I'm sorry you have to put up with this, some people just plain suck! And what a neat way to show the baby's gender, hadn't thought of that :thumbup:

Oh my god some people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"