Being stupid

Jewls

Reaction score
My anxiety tends to let my mind go into overdrive sometimes and tonight is one of those nights.....
I'm mind is running away with me and I'm worrying I'm getting myself upset and I need you girls to talk some sense into me....
I have 3 kids 2 girls and 1 boy i suffered bad post natal anxiety with my son which has actually made me feel very protective and strange over him (as if I need to make it up to him) so now I'm so worried that if I have another boy (which I have always said I'd like him to have a brother) I'm scared that I won't love the new boy as much as my son and I'm feeling really guilty that my son will not be my special boy anymore.... Please tell me it wpukd be great for him to have a brother to grow up with and I'm being silly for no reason.... Sorry for rambling its night here and my mind is not my friend in the dark x

Hey!!
I struggled with the guilt after I had my second baby...….I never paid attention to the advice given to me but looking back I should have taken comfort in the thought that I was forever giving my son a best friend, someone that would always be there with him regardless of what life had in the future, a play mate! They will have a relationship that will blossom as they grow and that is a very special gift to give him and one he will forever thank you for! Take peace and know everything will turn out ok and you are providing that built in best friend for your son! You've got this!!!

My anxiety tends to let my mind go into overdrive sometimes and tonight is one of those nights.....
I'm mind is running away with me and I'm worrying I'm getting myself upset and I need you girls to talk some sense into me....
I have 3 kids 2 girls and 1 boy i suffered bad post natal anxiety with my son which has actually made me feel very protective and strange over him (as if I need to make it up to him) so now I'm so worried that if I have another boy (which I have always said I'd like him to have a brother) I'm scared that I won't love the new boy as much as my son and I'm feeling really guilty that my son will not be my special boy anymore.... Please tell me it wpukd be great for him to have a brother to grow up with and I'm being silly for no reason.... Sorry for rambling its night here and my mind is not my friend in the dark x

Breath and take it one day at a time hun. Its easyer for an outsider to say but you will love this new baby the same as the rest. I didnt think i could love my second child at all i was so worryed when she was born but the moment she was placed on me i just felt the rush of love x

Exactly the same as you hun! Dd who's 7 stopped breathing at a day old and spent a few weeks in hospital, in the meantime I felt dreadful, I was only 21 and scared my baby girl would die, and ended up suffering with post natal depression.

2 years later I had ds and I felt wonderful

5 years later (now) found out I'm having another little boy and I'm absolutely over the moon. I thought this baby was a girl from day one. As horrible as it is to say, I'm glad baby was a boy. Me and dd have a relationship like no other, such a special bond, she is a mummy girl and my absolute best friend in this entire world. She desperately wanted a sister, but in the back of my mind I think, how in the world can I love another little girl as much as I love you, and I feel terrible for even thinking it, I bet if I had another little girl I'd feel just as much love as I do with both my children, but i still feel awful for thinking it, my dd is my absolute world and I'm so glad she's will have 2 brothers to look after her growing up. Gosh I'm back on the guilt train now from admitting what I just did, but at least your not alone hun

Thank you, I just get a little wrapped up in my own mind sometimes I'm feeling a lot better about it I still have the odd moment I think becasue this pregnancy has really taken it out of me and I haven't been feeling the greatest it's got to me a little more but I appreciate all the kodn words xx

Speaking of guilt... when I found out I was pregnant with DS, I was fresh out of a bad long-term relationship and living in my parents' basement. DS and I spent the first year of his life living there, while I tried to figure out the whole single mom thing. So he had SO MUCH quality time with me, and I am forever grateful for that period of our lives. Then I met DH, who already had 3 kids, and around the time DS was 1yo, DH and I got married and DS became the youngest of four. I had serious guilt about it, reluctance even to get married in the first place, because I didn't want to rob my son of all the quality Mom time he would otherwise receive. 4 years later though, his older sibs (and now his little sister too) are his whole world, and they've made him better in so many ways, it is truly remarkable. I never could have helped him in some ways as much as his older brothers and sister have, and that's just the simple truth!

Bless you hon. Why is it at night our minds decide to go into over drive.
U will love this baby from the moment he (if it is a he) from the moment the baby is put in ure arms. I remember thinking how can you love another child the same but u just do it just happens.
Ure be fine hon I'm sure of it. And ure son will have a forever friend and someone to grow up with. That's a gift in itself. Much love and hugs to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->