• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Belfast mums

suesue

Pregnant n4
Reaction score
My gp won't see me till I'm 10 weeks pregnant then he will refer me for my scan I'm worried I won't get my scan till after 12 13 weeks as he said it takes the hospital 3 weeks to get an appointment to me. I've never had this with my other 3 babies

Hi, I'm in Craigavon! I phoned my GP this morning and was told they will see me next week, then I assume I'll be passed to antenatal. Did they say why they wont see you till 10 weeks? I wouldn't be happy either, I seem to remember I had my booking in and scan at the one time at about 10 weeks!

I'm in County Down and when I went to see my gp as soon as I found out I was pregnant he sent away to the hospital for my booking appointment, which I had on Friday past which included the scan, I was at the Ulster hospital I thought they always done your booking and scan on the same day, that's what happened with me and the other girls in my work, we all have different GP's but all at ulster hospital, I would kick up a fuss!!

i think it depends if you are hospital care, consultant care or shared care

i went with shared care and with my last baby i had my booking appt at 10 weeks with a midwife at my gp surgery then got my appt for my scan at 12 weeks in the royal hospital

im almost 9 weeks now and im going to wait untill the end of this week before phoning my gp to get my booking appt

I've been booked into the royal in Belfast and Antrim area and both usually send for you at ten weeks. Your GP needs to be referring you sooner. If I were you I'd book another appointment with a different doctor at your practice.

I went and seen I different doctor and she has refered me to the hosptial for my booking / scan so hopefully I will get word in the post in the next 2 weeks

I went in at 5 weeks and she referred me then, I had my booking appointment at the ulster at 10 weeks . I did get referred for an early scan though due to clomid.

I don't understand why they would wait. I'd ring the hospital, ask if they have received your referral then ask when they would expect it. Then go back to your dr and say this is what the hospital said.

Alternatively go to a different gp in the same practice

Also I had a scan at 8 +4 and they were waiting on this to schedule my booking appointment and it was only a week and a half later. They'll book you for what is best for your care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->