Bells palsy in pregnancy or otherwise?

ShanandBoc

Reaction score
I was diagnosed with this yesterday, im 23 weeks pregnant and feeling awful and really depressed.

Wanting to see if any other mummies have dealt with this and how long the onset of it was, what treatment they used and how long recovery took.

Any experiences / stories ill be grateful for. Thanks

:hugs:

I got it after my Dad died. Luckily it was mild and only lasted about a week. It was very painful though! I didn't do anything for it just let it go on it's own.
My little sister had it a few years before I did, hers lasted a month or so and she needed to wear a pad to keep her eye closed at night.

Hope it goes away soon!

Thanks its not nice is it :( Did yours happen overnight or took a few dsys or more? X

A friend of mine had this. He tried a few things the doctor suggested and it wouldn't help. I know this sounds weird, but he was told about an old wives tale, eating pigeon meat. There's apparently something in the meat that helps cure it. And it actually worked! He was honestly amazed and so happy he tried it. I'm just telling you in case you want to try it too. I personally have eaten pigeon quite a lot so I don't find it a strange thing to eat, though I know a lot heave at the thought! You never know what could work I guess xx

Read the comments below on this page, lots of people with advice in how to cure it. So many different experiences. People also suggest acupuncture, b12 vitamins, chewing gum, face massages, don't eat fried foods, stay away from a lot of sugar. Some got it whilst pregnant too and recovered the day after giving birth. I found this about the pigeon:

ali Posted October 15, 2011

hi, i had b.p in 2009. got symptons sunday night ,went doc monday am was referred to hosp, same day was confirmed it is b.p. i asked what treatment to take or what to do to help recovery and was told nothing. WRONG. This is what i did, stayed indoors in warm temp, avoided any breeze/cold air. had facial massage daily with any oil, and ate all rich foods, namley QUAIL and pigeon soup. tastes vile! but defo worked. 14 days later i completely recovered. thank god.p.s do not drive car with window open in cold weather

Thanks its not nice is it :( Did yours happen overnight or took a few dsys or more? X

Felt it coming on in the daytime (just like twitchy nerves in my face), then it was paralysed the next morning.
I didn't mind it because I was like 15 and thought it was hilarious (try rolling your tongue!) but yes it's painful :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->