Belly Bar

PrincessSoph

Reaction score
Just wondered who is planning on or has taken their belly bar out.

I just felt i had to take mine out because the bar seems to be getting too close to my skin if that makes sense and i seem to have got a stretch mark sorta thing where the bar was.

mines still hangin happily hun, im determined not to lose it lol! my MW told me about special maternity ones you can get, so im gonna see what i can find for later on, my bump's teeny tiny still :hissy: but i spose it does have its benefits lol! xx

Ive already taken mine out! My bump seemed to sprout from nowhere and I didnt wanna risk my belly bar popping or something!! But I have heard of those maternity ones too so Im gonna have a wee look for them!! :D

Ive still got mine in aswell, im still not that big and its not uncomfortable. I got a maternity one out of argos as it was only £3 odds so ill be swapping over to that once i get bigger.

Here is the link if anyones interested

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2121781/Trail/searchtext>BELLY+BAR.htm

if any help most piercing shops sell a plastic pregnancy bar, its about twice the length of standard metal 1s. i got 1 with my eldest and kept bar in throughout. it stayed in throughout with lil man and is staying with this 1.

the only time it has been removed (apart from cleaning) was when i had my endometriosis operation, and it went back in as soon as i came round (3hrs after op). the nurse told me i wasnt allowed as it was too near my stitches - told her it was going back and that was it.

I had to change my belly bar just this week as I woke up one morning and it looked really sore and red but then again my bump seems to have come from nowhere!! :happydance: I have now got a pregnancy one in - it is a lot longer and plastic and the top just pops on so I suppose in the worst case scenario it would just pop off if it got too tight :rofl: I really don't want to have to take it out but I'll have to see how big I get :shrug:

Edit - Sweetcheeks85 yup thats the one I've got :)

my bar is similar to that of argos, but as i said came from a piercing place nearly 7yrs ago, argos didnt do them then. well worth the money if you dont want to take it out.

IF you have a c-sec it will have come out, and they may advise you to remove it during normal labour cos of pushing etc, but when your that far it shouldnt be too long b4 you put it back in.

I got a plastic one made up when I was preg first time around and was able to keep it in right up to birth. I haven't worried about it this time around, I haven't had a bar in for years and the piercing is still open which is nice as I can just pop one in as and when.
I also have a mini strechmark down the pierceing, I wonder what makes them appear there, very strange!

ive got mine out at moment but only coz i was cleaning it. Ill probably keep it back in for bit longer - belly button is shallow but it hasnt popped - belly bar hasnt given me any problems just yet.

I took mine out a couple of weeks ago and its felt really weird not having it in anymore, I had it done 13 years ago! I don't actually like my belly button, thats why I wear it, and my husband has never seen me without it in!:rofl:
Not sure when I'll put it back in, but i always thought you had to take them out during pregnancy?Never even heard of maternity ones!

i took myne out around 16weeks because it was becoming irritated and sore. i tried using a pregnancy bar but it just made the soreness worse for me so i decided to just get it redone after the baby :)

my auntie who had my cousin 19months ago kept hers in using the pregnancy bars and if it annoyed her she wud take it out but put it through every few hours to make sure its open.

it worked out till the very last day when she had her c section and they sowed the belly bar holes up XD

I recently swapped mine to a "pregnancy bar" also. Its double the length of a standard one and is made of soft flexible plastic.

i took myne out around 16weeks because it was becoming irritated and sore. i tried using a pregnancy bar but it just made the soreness worse for me so i decided to just get it redone after the baby :)

my auntie who had my cousin 19months ago kept hers in using the pregnancy bars and if it annoyed her she wud take it out but put it through every few hours to make sure its open.

it worked out till the very last day when she had her c section and they sowed the belly bar holes up
XD

How ironic! I'd be :hissy:

I took mine out at around 15 weeks because my belly button was turning into an outy. I still put a bar through ever now and then to make sure it hasn't closed and so far so good.

well i changed mine t a ptfe rubber bar a few weeks ago however it was still pretty painfull and sore so took it out completly...can't be doing with anything else that make me more uncomfortable lol

Mine was sore so I took it out and haven't replaced it. I don't really think it will close up, as the original piercing I had, where the ring pushed out a bit into the wrong place, is still open and I haven't worn a ring in that hole for 12 years. I hate the way my tummy button looks without it, but luckily, nobody has to see it but me and OH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->